• Register Today It's free!

Turn signals acting up---94 XLT

RustyMacintosh

Reaction score
City, State
Monterey
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4x4 Exploder
Up until this AM everything is fine, this morning, I heard the turn signals both left and right, I could hear the relay running really fast, step on the brake, the turn signal works as designed. Nice slow flash.

I replaced the blinker box with a new HD one, Turn signals now work only when the brake is OFF. Put your foot on the brake, the turn signals stop blinking. Both brake lights working, both front turn signal lights working.

I checked 4-way flasher and turn signals when I got home. All light bulbs flashing normally. So now what?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting, do you have another multi function switch? There is a lot of stuff that runs through this switch. You might try that if you have one to swap. I'll look through my stuff for a diagram. What year is your truck?

Check the back bulbs, one coil inside is probably blown and shorting into the other coil.

Interesting, do you have another multi function switch? There is a lot of stuff that runs through this switch. You might try that if you have one to swap. I'll look through my stuff for a diagram. What year is your truck?
94 XLT 4x4 4.0 OHV
single tail light unlike the 95-up that has an ambler turn light above the stop light, tomorrow I will pull the bulbs,

almost embarrassed to even admit this, the trailer plug had shorted, cross-wired. Once we removed the trailer plug on the EX everything worked as it should.

almost embarrassed to even admit this, the trailer plug had shorted, cross-wired. Once we removed the trailer plug on the EX everything worked as it should.

Well at least it's fixed. I hadn't had a chance yet to post back here until now.

Back