NEWPORTNJ

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
ST.
Which color looks better on the explorer ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When choosing your color, consider the maintenance that will go with the color. Black looks great in the shade, but such a pain to keep looking good and scratch/water spot free

Go for the sunset. It really looks great on the explorer in person. Plus you won't see it on every other car you see..I was going to order a black on black but took the blue in stock because I decided it would be nice to change it up a bit.

I was going to order my Sport in the tuxedo black but decided against it because I thought the black on black would make it look like a million other SUVs. That said, it is the nicest stock black paint I've ever seen and if you haven't seen Tux Black in the sun you really need to. I went with the ruby red so the blackout trim would contrast (not an issue with the other models). My coworker has the black and I'm still impressed with it whenever I see it but happy I went the way I did.

Which color looks better on the explorer ?
You're not having second thoughts are you? ;)
The black is nice but I wouldn't want it. Too hard to keep clean and too hot in the sun. Saw the Sunset on an Escape and Explorer today at the dealership when I went have my oil change and Winter tires put on. I have to admit it sort of grows on you.

Peter

I like the sunset, Ill be getting it on my next superduty.

The Tux Black is fabulous - lots of "fleck" in the paint and it really sparkles. That being said, it suffers from the same maladies as every other black car (common, hot, hard to keep clean...). The Sunset is definitely an "in person" color - you can not capture it well in print. It is pretty unique and I doubt you would be disappointed with it in any way. the only downside is that it's one of those colors that could get "old" after a while depending on your preferences. My wife had a green Acura that seemed like a good idea at the time, but after a couple of years, I wanted to douse it in gasoline and light it on fire (without her in it, of course...). I think Sunset will age better than that, but consider it. I almost bought my Sport in silver, and I swore I'd never own another silver car, but it just looked so good to me on the vehicle. I do have to give Ford credit for paint colors - they have some nice ones.

Well let me say that in 2008 i had cts4 cadillac ltd awesome color was hot lava lookit up on google, so i'll say that the winning colors is sunset i just asked because i like the tux blk but i know that its hard to maintain. Thank you all and ill post pic when i get it papers was sign today mrsp 51k after all rebate and stuff got it for 45k 521per month. Again thank you...!
HERE IS MY CADILLAC..!
http://images.gtcarlot.com/pictures/54884050.jpg

Back