TV pitchman Billy Mays found dead in Tampa home. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TV pitchman Billy Mays found dead in Tampa home.

90ranajo

The Little TJ that could
Reaction score
City, State
Pattaya, Chonburi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Toyota Fortuner
Callsign
KG7MXH
TV pitchman Billy Mays found dead in Tampa home.
0628_billy_mays_bn_ap_01.jpg

TAMPA — Billy Mays, the TV pitchman whose trademark voice helped sell everything from cleaning supplies to baking soda, was found dead this morning by his wife at his Tampa home. No cause of death has been reported and no foul play is suspected, according to Tampa police.

Mays, 50, was pronounced dead at 7:45 a.m. at 2853 Bowen Daniel Dr., #1201. His wife, Deborah Mays, found him unresponsive this morning. The Medical Examiner's Office will complete Mays' autopsy by tomorrow afternoon.

"Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days," Deborah Mays said in a statement today. "Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times."

Mays was a passenger Saturday of the 737 aircraft that took a hard landing at Tampa International Airport, an airport spokeswoman said.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Holy CRAP what's going on lately?!?!

RIP Billy, seemed like he was a nice dude from watching the show...

Strange...... the planets are aligning, BRB going to get my tinfoil hat.

OKay I'm good, bring on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse!

:shifty_ey there must be a conspiracy going on... Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Ed McMahon, and now Billy Mays

RIP Billy

Just look at the bright side. None of us our famous, so we have little chance of dying:D

Something is going on though...and it ain't over. I think we're starting a new 3 here. Cronkite next I think.

RIP Billy

R.I.P. Billy i have bought some of his products that he was selling on tv

:shifty_ey there must be a conspiracy going on... Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Ed McMahon, and now Billy Mays

RIP Billy

Don't forget David Carradine.

I hated the annoying loudmouth until i saw his reality show. He was a nice, funny guy!

Don't forget the trio last year... Anna nicole, the guy from brokeback Mtn. and the other guy (i'm so bad with stars names)

heath ledger are you talking bout him

my draw jaw dropped, I hope Iam not next!

My prediction is charles barkley, Brett micheals, amy winehouse

He didn't think that only three deaths in a week was enough, so leave it to Billy Mays to quadruple the offer!

Just look at the bright side. None of us our famous, so we have little chance of dying:D
RIP Billy

I dunno, you're probably the most famous of anyone on here with your JP Explorer. It's been in a magazine right? You better put your helmet on Stic, you could be next. :D Knock on wood, dang, where is some wood.

They found out what killed Billy:( He had heart disease...wonder how that happened:rolleyes:

GAle Storm and John Tarentino died yesterday

I wasn't a big Billy Mays fan, he was always hawking something gimmicky with cheesy rhymes, like in the video above.

But I grew to like him when he started to poke a little fun at it himself; doing lighthearted ads for ESPN's online sports services and SIRIUS' Morning Mashup radio show.

I looked forward to see what else he'd come up with, but unfortunately it looks like nothing. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I just seen that the "Discovery" channel will soon have a story of his life...Check your local listings...;)

Back