• Register Today It's free!

Tweeter Idea

newbz

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Custom
I was thinking of mounting tweeters in the ashtrays on the panels by the rear seats...you know that way you can position them to fire at the passenger and drivers ears, so that the tweeter on the drivers side would be aimed at the passengers ear(s) and the tweeter on the passengers side would be aimed at the drivers ears. There is a lot of room to workwith for that little ash tray and behind it in the door panel.....just an idea I was thinking of :) If anyone wants to share ideas or talk about explorers and audio in general add my to your ICQ list, my # is 37775205, cya

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I put some there and they sound great even for me when the windows are down.I got my tweeters out of a jetta they had a built in cross over.

Could you try to better describe where you're wanting to put the tweters? I am having a time here trying to figure out where it is you are talking about. Ashtrays on the panels by the rear seats?????? I am confused? PLease describe to me better. I am not being mean, just trying to see where it is you're tlaking about.

I have 4 polk's ..2 facing the front passengers' heads on the front panels(next to wind shield) and 2 in the back next to the handles facing down toward the ears of the rear passengers..they SCREAM! it's almost unbarably loud..i would suggest you try that

I already have a set of Rockford Fostgate tweeters installed on my front doors. I would like to have the same crystal clarity in the rear, but putting the tweeters in the ashtray location is not a good idea. Just take into example the front doors of the explorers - the speakers are right next to the driver's and passenger's legs. This blocks alot of the sound and reduces the "loudness/volume" of the vehicle's system. As for the rear ashtray, there would be no problem if the rear set was empty; however, if you sit in the back seat where would you put your arm?...... probably against the door on the armrest... hence, covering the tweeter.

I think that when I decide to put them in, I'll go for either the plastic molding above the door or molding that runs alongside the door (rear seat belt, etc.) Nothing can really block the sound and everyone will benefit from the sound.

Jason,
Can you post pictures the install? That would be cool.

Sorry I don't have scanner or camera.But I'll see if my friends have one.

No scanner OR camera?!?! I SHUN THEE!!!

tweeter ideas

I recently purchased MB Quart component speakers for my 96 explorer. I had a hard time picking a good place to mount the tweeters, after alot of thought, we mounted them by the sun-visors. It looks great and cant be seen by passerbyers that dont need to see. What we did was figure out exactly where we wanted them to sit beside the visor. We sat them on the far left(driver side) and far right (passender side). We took the screw out that holds the visor in its place ( 3 of them). We them made a plate to go between the carpet and the arm of the visor. We made the plate long enough that the tweeter is bolted to the plate. The plate is not seen even up close. It looks great and sounds good in the front and rear of the truck. Hope to have pictures soon.

Guys! Stop playing with your tweeters! Didnt your mom teach you anything?

Anyways... I want pictures! Ive been thinking of redoing my system and want to go all out...

nick

Back