• Register Today It's free!

tweeters?

Jake Jackson

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Escape Titanium
I want to know if there are any opinions about wheater or not to add tweeters to the exp. I think I am going to so are there any reccomendations an brands or where to get them. I also need to know if I need to how to hook them up.

please write back with info or reccomendations

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I plan on getting either Infinity Kappa or MB Quart 1 inch tweeters to go in my X. If you like really bright( I mean bright ) highs, then go with the MBQuarts. They are well known for their clear and crisp tones. I would check places like sounddomain.com, they have really good prices. As far as where to put them, I am planning on putting mine in the A pillars, or removing the ash tray and putting them there. Wiring wouldn't be difficult and I would probably get a crossover so only high freq. will be going to the tweeters. Good luck.

My Infinity tweeters are mounted in the A-pillar just at ear level. This provides a good sound stage. Are you going to replace your stock speakers as well...or just add tweeters. You may wanna think about buying a full component set so that your midrange will be able to keep up with your highs. The tweeters will be too bright for the stock "muddy" sounding speakers.

Steve

It will be a little while before i get to add these because of the money factor. I will let yall know what i decide to do here in the next couple of weeks but i would really like to replace the factory speakers too. any reccomendations on what to replace these with??
write back with any comments or reccomendations!!!

If you are gonna replace the speakers too get a 5.25" componet system that has a 5.25" midrange woofer and a separate tweeter. They are a little more expensive but the advantage in sound quality is worth it.

Steve

Back