Two horn honks. What is it trying to tell me? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Two horn honks. What is it trying to tell me?

machine4321

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 sport
Normally when I lock the car at night I just look to see if the lights flash from the house. They will flash every time I hit the lock button and one horn honk if I press it twice.

Last night I got no flash and a two quick horn honks. I checked all the doors and they were closed, no keys left in the ignition. I do get a flash if I unlock then lock again, but still the two quick honks on the 2nd press

I hate change lol , What is it trying to tell me?

Normally when I lock the car at night I just look to see if the lights flash from the house. They will flash every time I hit the lock button and one horn honk if I press it twice.

Last night I got no flash and a two quick horn honks. I checked all the doors and they were closed, no keys left in the ignition. I do get a flash if I unlock then lock again, but still the two quick honks on the 2nd press

Could there be a 2nd key in the car?

Hood was open. Couldnt tell from last night as it was dark. Daughter was trying to get in the back and pulled the hood release.

All good now

If I have a phone, Ipad or Pod plugged in and I walk away from the vehicle, lets say at a gas station, with the key in my pocket, I get the two honks.

Back