Two hose problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Two hose problems

dopexile

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer
I have two problems I was hoping to get some help with... I'm a computer engineer and this isn't my area of expertise so please excuse the poor descriptions of the problems.

1) There is a hose that is burned through that connects to the air intake manifold. I'm not sure what it does... how can I find a replacement part? What is it called and what are the consequences of that? The engine has been idling rough

FI8eCU9.jpg

2) There seems to be a vacuum? line that comes out of the firewall (there are two). I noticed one of them is disconnected and laying in the engine. I found two spots I believe it should connect to near some time of instrument connected to a coolant line (not sure where is should connect). Any idea what problems that would cause?

biwFQ08.jpg

I have two problems I was hoping to get some help with... I'm a computer engineer and this isn't my area of expertise so please excuse the poor descriptions of the problems.

1) There is a hose that is burned through that connects to the air intake manifold. I'm not sure what it does... how can I find a replacement part? What is it called and what are the consequences of that? The engine has been idling rough

FI8eCU9.jpg

2) There seems to be a vacuum? line that comes out of the firewall (there are two). I noticed one of them is disconnected and laying in the engine. I found two spots I believe it should connect to near some time of instrument connected to a coolant line (not sure where is should connect). Any idea what problems that would cause?

biwFQ08.jpg
The second smaller vac line, yes it goes to that vacuum valve which regulates coolant flow to the cabin for heat.

FI8eCU9.jpg

biwFQ08.jpg
That first pic of big line is also a vac line, and a dealer only part. Best bet is to go to a junk yard to get one.

FI8eCU9.jpg

biwFQ08.jpg
They will definately make the engine run rough.

Back