• Register Today It's free!

two mini shocks up front

Mudboy

Reaction score
City, State
Bellmawr NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 ex
what the hell are they? should i get rid of them. they seem like they may be there to absorb some ofg the torque while accelerating?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I remember seeing some rangers that had what looked like a mini shock connected between the frame and engine. Thats the only thing I can think of that might look like a mini shock, but I've never seen them on an X.

~Mark

picture please?

wow. I'm the only one with this on a x? I'll get some pictures. probably won't be until monday. work is going to be crazy with the hurricane coming.

I remember seeing some rangers that had what looked like a mini shock connected between the frame and engine. Thats the only thing I can think of that might look like a mini shock, but I've never seen them on an X.

~Mark

this is what I'm talking about. it's a little larger than one that would hold a hatch up but smaller than a regular shock absorber

My Ranger has the one mini on the drivers side. I never heard of two...

Isolation dampers?

Some Ford models had shocks connected to the motor to dampen whatever twist or vibration... they are pretty much pointless and most often worn out anyways. Shouldn't hurt to remove them.

Back