Two questions about this ST that I'm looking at... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Two questions about this ST that I'm looking at...

Lenn

Reaction score
City, State
Summerville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Fusion SE
1) It seems to be leaking trans fluid a little bit from the cooler lines. How big of ******* are those to change, assuming that they don't fix it and I have to do it. I'm fairly mechanically inclined thanks to owning a rash of Eclipses/Talons back in my youth. Those that have been in that camp, know...

2) The only thing that annoys me about it is that it doesn't have the center console. See the picture, but what do I need to fix this situation? Its not missing anything as there's a little fabric piece that's cut specifically to fit in the holes that look like it might mount the lid. Something tells me though, that this isn't as easy as adding a lid.

Console_zpsa1d57461.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't have any experience with the trans fluid lines so I can't help you there. As for the console, Assuming the little bracket and hinge is still on the back, it should be just as easy as adding a lid since you already have the bag. This type of console is called a bag console if you want to search for info on this site or on the internet in general. There's also another style called the high series console that has air ducts and radio controls mounted to it. I think you could find the missing piece of your console in a junkyard though.

I replaced my bag console with the high series. The vent in the back was broken so I decided to not use them at all and add something custom to the back. Got the console from the junker for $30 and lucky me I got the exact same color as my interior. Should only take a hour or two to replace it if your not using the vents(I've never replaced a console so it took me longer then it should have)

It would be a real simple swap if you didn't hook up the vents or controls

I really don't even know what's supposed to be in there. Ha!

This is what it looks like with the bag and armrest:

image013.gif

And the high series:

477163_364_full.jpg

Back side of it:

frontseat.jpg

The option I'd go with, and am sometime soon, is in between the bag console and the high series. There's threads somewhere on it, but basically it's the hard console that is the size of the bag console, but isn't stupid. If that makes sense. Much easier to put in than the high series, easier to find, and much better than the bag

Edit: this one
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275091

Nice!

I'm so close to buying this thing. I might just keep it easy for now and look for the bag and armrest. Is it likely that this truck didn't come with it?

no it was probably a broken hinge on arm rest the base is metal and the armrest part is plastic they tend to break over time and many got to the high series to avoid the break and or get ac to the back

Back