• Register Today It's free!

U-Haul ???

vinnie45

Reaction score
City, State
Clio, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer
Last year I went to a U-Haul dealer, wanted to rent a trailer to do some work. I made the reservations and filled out all the paper work and was told when to pick it up the next day. When I came to pick up the trailer in the morning with my 2000 EXPLORER they refused to give me the trailer. They told me that U-Haul did not rent to FORD EXPLORER vehicles. They would not give any explaination, just telling me that was their policy.
I have never heard of any company doing such a thing. Can ANY one out there tell me ( us ) WHY???? Needless to say I will NEVER use their services again for anything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There was a long thread on this a while back. Basically after the whole rollover thing they won't rent to Explorers any more. I think I remember someone saying that they will rent to Navajos and Mountaniers though...go figure.

There were a bunch of lawsuits flying around a few years back when Ford was having problems with Firestone tires. Several of which involved Explorers towing U-haul trailers... From what I've heard payouts were in millions of $ and u-haul just stopped renting to Explorers.. I'm not sure if it is because of some clause on their insurance policy or what, but its a load of crap... Use the search feature above and you'll see this topic has been discussed many times...

Thanks, Thats kinda what I thought but I wasn't shure. I guess lawers have to eat too. God only knows it couldn't have been BAD driving on the part of the operator.

All these BS liability lawyers don't need to eat, they need to rounded up and burnt at the stake. All these Explorer lawsuits are driven by media propaganda. When someone is driving too fast, overcorrects because they don't know how to drive, and gets hurt because they aren't wearing their seat belt, they don't deserve a penny.

Back