• Register Today It's free!

Uh oh....found the problem

Masterd

Reaction score
City, State
Upland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer Sport
Well I found my problem with my blower motor being intermittent.....

DSCF3767.jpg

It looks like AC blower side melted somehow...

What can I do to fix this problem?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hmmm thats interesting

new relay and new yellow keeper, but I am wondering why it would draw enough amps to fry that sucker... hopefully not a short

It still works in that condition.

I have to bump the box to make it work sometimes, but the blower motor still works with it like that.

I dont know why it would do that though. Maybe water got into the box.

Any corrosion on that terminal when you took it apart? The resistance from a corroded or loose connection can cause it to heat up like that.

I didnt see any serious rust...if thats what you mean by corrosion. The surface of each prong is nice and smooth.

Maybe it was just loose in the connector. High resistance = hot connection = melted plastic.

Well when I looked under the hood, the connector was nice and tight.

But its still working intermittently.

where is that yellow peice located my motor is intermited usualy i have to slam my door to get my blower to kick on. very frustrating on a hot day

As the man said loose connection makes low voltage= high amps=FIRE,ya might want to fix that before you have a barbeque.:D

As the man said loose connection makes low voltage= high amps=FIRE,ya might want to fix that before you have a barbeque.:D

i would but i dont know where its at

Back