• Register Today It's free!

Umm... Hi.

Inter-scepter

Reaction score
City, State
Wilson NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer PIU
Good morning, world. I joined this forum because I recently bought a '14 Explorer PIU. It's weird, I've liked Fords for many years but this is only the second one I've owned. My first was a '77 LTD I got when I was a young buck newly in the USAF. Since I was young and dumb I didn't really maintain it and it wound up losing a crankshaft bearing after about a year. Most of my vehicles since then have been Hondas, with an old Acura thrown in the mix also, along with a 2004 Isuzu Rodeo I still have. But as I said, I've always liked Fords and told myself when I next buy American, it'd be a Ford, and here I am. As an aside, for many years (especially since they rolled out the 5th gen in 2005) my fantasy ride has been the Mustang, although I'll probably never own one.
Anyway, I've got this Police Interceptor and I really like it. Overall, it's in good shape, especially mechanically - I took it the local Ford dealership for an oil change and after they were done and I asked the service tech if they'd maybe noticed any problems (kind of a dangerous question to ask a mechanic, granted) he said nope, and even remarked that it was a really well taken care of vehicle. So kudos to the Raleigh PD. There are a couple of issues with it that I'll be needing advice on, but as per Mr. Rick's greeting message to me, I'll post those in the appropriate sub-forums. Lastly, I'm not much of a netizen - I don't do social media at all - so I'm not super versed in on-line forum etiquette and if I commit a faux pas of any kind, I apologize in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum. :usa:

Welcome to the forum. Most police vehicles are very well maintained. They need to work for the officers to do their jobs. The only issue with police vehicles is they idle for long periods of time and get run hard and put away wet.

Welcome.

Back