Unbelievably Disappointing Customer Service | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Unbelievably Disappointing Customer Service

dencan

Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited
So I just picked up my 2011 Explorer from the dealer. They needed to do my MFT upgrade so while it was going to be there I asked to have the roof rain noise and streaky windows fixed. When I called to make the appointment I gave them the TSB numbers (thanks to this forum). When I picked it up they said they did the update, performed the roof TSB and cleaned the felt surrounding the windows. Huh? What about the window TSB where parts need to be replaced? They didnt know anything about a TSB, despite the fact I gave it to them when I made the appointment. Of course they don't have the parts in stock so I have to bring it in for the fourth time in less than a year. I asked him what more i have to do to get this done as I have done everything short of ordering the parts and installing them myself! I will never buy another Ford and is all all because of poor customer service from the dealership.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I just picked up my 2011 Explorer from the dealer. They needed to do my MFT upgrade so while it was going to be there I asked to have the roof rain noise and streaky windows fixed. When I called to make the appointment I gave them the TSB numbers (thanks to this forum). When I picked it up they said they did the update, performed the roof TSB and cleaned the felt surrounding the windows. Huh? What about the window TSB where parts need to be replaced? They didnt know anything about a TSB, despite the fact I gave it to them when I made the appointment. Of course they don't have the parts in stock so I have to bring it in for the fourth time in less than a year. I asked him what more i have to do to get this done as I have done everything short of ordering the parts and installing them myself! I will never buy another Ford and is all all because of poor customer service from the dealership.

While Ford is certainly dropping the ball in the engineering department, they are REALLY dropping the ball in the dealership department.

Try another dealer.

I tell you i have the best service dept in yonkers nyc, smith carins ford i took my ex for the upgrade they did it and it works great i also told about the rain noise they ordered the spray for the fix, they called me told bring it back on mon 4/2/12 i leased the car so i really dont care for that fix, WHEN I RETURN IT BACK LET THE NEXT OWNER GET IT FIX,since i have to leave it for two days and i love my explorer even when they are going to give me a loaner but the whole thing is ford has to get on these crappy service dept because at the end is ford who looses out !!! I tell you to raise the bar and complain higher !!!

It would seem that there is a communication issue to be resolved. I do not believe that the Ford dealership workers go to work each day wanting to do a poor job. Somehow in the process of getting this fixed there was an error. This could happen at any dealership. I would call the service manager and explain your frustration, that is your path to getting your vehicle fixed correctly.

I will never buy another Ford and is all all because of poor customer service from the dealership.
Sounds like you have a dealer problem, not a Ford problem.

Thankfully, I have a great dealer, but I do have other choices if needed.

Unfortunately this is the second dealer I have tried. I was not thrilled with the dealer I bought the car from as they were not easy to deal with when I was waiting for the car to be delivered. I knew the car was sitting in their lot before they did. They also told me there was nothing wrong with my squealing brakes. So when the TSB came out on the brakes, I decided to try a different dealer. They were OK with the brakes, though they just didn't seem to be too knowledgeable about known issues with the Explorer. I am crossing my fingers that the roof fix worked as the guy said at least five times that this is the first time they had done this so hopefully it worked and if it didn't to let them know. Other than these two dealers, the next closest one is at least an hour away. This whole experience has been beyond frustrating and that is why I won't buy another Ford.

Not to mention, when I went to get into the car, there were streaks all over the windows. Word of advice to the technician - if a customer brings in a car to have the streaky windows taken care of, and you do clean the felt (not that it will do any good), at least clean off the windows to try to show it worked. I know I am ranting at this point, but who has time to deal with this incompentence?

It would seem that there is a communication issue to be resolved. I do not believe that the Ford dealership workers go to work each day wanting to do a poor job. Somehow in the process of getting this fixed there was an error. This could happen at any dealership. I would call the service manager and explain your frustration, that is your path to getting your vehicle fixed correctly.

I would have to agree with the above.
You have already tried two dealers , perhaps you
need to review your approach.
We all spent a lot of money on these explorers and
yes there are some glitches we have to deal with.
There is no perfect vehicle that is why we have a warranty.

I would have to agree with the above.
You have already tried two dealers , perhaps you
need to review your approach.
We all spent a lot of money on these explorers and
yes there are some glitches we have to deal with.
There is no perfect vehicle that is why we have a warranty.

I understand a new model year has glitches. My issue is when I have to
bring it back in for a problem which doesn't get fixed. I made an appointment 2 weeks in advance, gave them the TSB numbers and it didn't get fixed. I would love to know a better approach to use if you have one for me.

+1 on Smith Cairns for service in New York City area. Always responsive and on the ball. I drive 25 minutes out of my way to deal with them.

Yes sirreee. It's all about the service. Can't say as I have had any problems with my service dept. Love the service. Quick efficient and all around good group of people.

Dencan, have you had the issued escalated to the Ford customer service rep for your area? Get with Cory here on the forum to make that happen. You'll be surprised how well the dealership will react when Ford contacts them directly

Dencan, have you had the issued escalated to the Ford customer service rep for your area? Get with Cory here on the forum to make that happen. You'll be surprised how well the dealership will react when Ford contacts them directly

I did get help from Ford Customer service for the a pillar rattle because this dealer had never heard of the issue. FCS was wonderful. They stayed on top of the dealer, even when they ordered the wrong parts. This go around I thought I could fly solo since I gave them the TSB numbers. Clearly I was wrong. In the future it looks like I will have to include FCS even for a simple oil change!

Perhaps I was wrong - did I really say that ?
My dealer service is excellent. Perhaps
it is because we are not a metro area.
Oh and I always bring in doughnuts for the service guys.
I have always done this - yes it is not necessary it is just
something I have found separates me from the rest.
Good luck on getting your problem resolved soon.

I also take ggod care of the service guy's, good tipping and coffee goes a long way !!!c

I did get help from Ford Customer service for the a pillar rattle because this dealer had never heard of the issue. FCS was wonderful...
dencan,

I want to make sure you’re taken care of as a loyal customer. I still have your info from previous messages, so please don’t hesitate to drop me a line if you ever need anything.

Thanks for everyone’s help on this thread, guys.

I really appreciate the kind words, bluelion. :)

Cory

Update: The dealer got the parts in and I had the streaky window TSB performed. They are just as streaky as ever. No idea why, but I can't waste anymore time on this. I am just going to have to put up with the weird annnoying quirks of this car.

Update: The dealer got the parts in and I had the streaky window TSB performed. They are just as streaky as ever...
dencan,

I sent a PM with more information; please see your inbox for the details.

Cory

Back