Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Alrighty! I will fully test these tomarrow in Big Bear.

First this one was done on a '99 explorer in the rear. So it should work on all I think (exsept 4 dr 02+)

I started by buying

*two 7/16"x 3" studs with pre drilled holes (not sur what there called but there like a bolt with no threads and 5 or 6 holes)

*six 3/8's washers

*two pull pins.

Unbolt the links from the sway bar and frame. You will notice the bottom bolt is pressed in. The top has a nut which has a frame clip, pop it off. Flip the link over and bolt it in to the frame using the exsisting hardware from what was the bottom. This will be a little of a pain and you probbaly need a washer for a spacer being that the bolt isa bit to long. After bolt in up the bottom hole should match up as before. Now take your stud slip on a washer slide it through both link and sway bar. use two more washers for spaceing and put in the pin.

There you go! Quick discos done cheap! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Keep us posted, I did that to my front sway bar and eventually it loosened and rattled, no matter how hard I tried to get more spacers in. :(
I went to an aftermarket bolt with the strongest wing nuts I could find. Still need a wrench to get it started, but it is nice to spin the wing nut the rest of the way.

One word! WOW!

Boy does it ever work!!! I took my truck on some pretty heavy stuff for what I have and lets just say with out this mod! never would have happened! They work PEREFECT! I'm almost at a loss of words.

Alrighty! I will fully test these tomarrow in Big Bear.

First this one was done on a '99 explorer in the rear. So it should work on all I think (exsept 4 dr 02+)

I started by buying

*two 7/16"x 3" studs with pre drilled holes (not sur what there called but there like a bolt with no threads and 5 or 6 holes)

*six 3/8's washers

*two pull pins.

Unbolt the links from the sway bar and frame. You will notice the bottom bolt is pressed in. The top has a nut which has a frame clip, pop it off. Flip the link over and bolt it in to the frame using the exsisting hardware from what was the bottom. This will be a little of a pain and you probbaly need a washer for a spacer being that the bolt isa bit to long. After bolt in up the bottom hole should match up as before. Now take your stud slip on a washer slide it through both link and sway bar. use two more washers for spaceing and put in the pin.

There you go! Quick discos done cheap! :D

Stic-o you got any pics of these!

Wow pulled this thread from the dead:eek:

No, don't have any pics.:( But it's really simple, or just try taking it off completly. It's not that bad with out it.;)

Back