• Register Today It's free!

undercarriage photos

Drivewaymech32

Reaction score
City, State
Buckeye Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Explorer 4x4
Hi everyone, I am trying to find good pictures of the entire underside of a 1992 Ford Explorer 4x4. I had to replace the transmission and the truck has been sitting for a year now and pretty sure it was missing stuff from the previous owner i have the transmission but cant really remember where everything goes and my haynes manual didnt give very great descriptions. Also trying to figure out what the breather tube on the top of the trans connects to as well as some of the over various tubes all diagrams ive looked at do not show very good pictures or really even give a description to where these things connect. Hope someone out there has at least snapped some good photos of the entire underside of a 92 explorer as i couldnt find one on the internet anywhere. Thank you for any help with this.:exporange

The breather tube connect to nothing. When I pulled my tranny out one weekend and installed it back the following weekend I couldn't remember how the transfercase shifter brackets and cable all went back on. I played around with it like a puzzle. After staring at it for awhile I finally figured it out. I can imagine after a year forgetting how it goes back together can be. You might be able to google specific things and come up with some pictures. What area specifically are you concerned about

shift cable

Well i got everything back together now however where the shift cable hooks to the bracket on the side of the trans it doesnt seem to wanna stay in the bracket ive seen pics of a new shift cable and i dont appear to be missing any parts,clips or anything etc. If someone has a undercarriage pic or just a pic of how the cable sets in the bracket so i can see if im missing clips or anything please post. Thank you

Clip?

You got this and it's pop'n out?

I would say you aren't getting it in all the way.

oem_dsm_shifter_cable_clip_zpsadlwwp2x.jpg

Back