• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Underdrive pulley

Infidel

Reaction score
City, State
Port Charlotte
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xlt 4.0 4wd
Callsign
Infidel
I'm new to the forum, I hope I'm doing this wright? I'm looking for an underdrive pulley, for my 96' 4.0. I know their out there. Does anybody have part number, website, or one to sell? Any info would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Ray Leonard

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer XLT
I'm new to the forum, I hope I'm doing this wright? I'm looking for an underdrive pulley, for my 96' 4.0. I know their out there. Does anybody have part number, website, or one to sell? Any info would be appreciated.

Generally its not gonna be just 1 pulley but a set. and they are out there just do a quick google on it. I think Andy's has a set

87xjmike

Reaction score
City, State
Colfax, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 exploder

This was the one i installed on my 93. I also installed a smaller alt pulley i got from a local alternator shop. It definitly helped with power. As to how much i have no clue. I did a throttle body mod, 5.0 maf, phenolic intake spacer and Underdrive pulley's all at the same time. And it was a beast with 33" tires/4.56 gearing 5spd.

Infidel

Reaction score
City, State
Port Charlotte
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xlt 4.0 4wd
Callsign
Infidel
This was the one i installed on my 93. I also installed a smaller alt pulley i got from a local alternator shop. It definitly helped with power. As to how much i have no clue. I did a throttle body mod, 5.0 maf, phenolic intake spacer and Underdrive pulley's all at the same time. And it was a beast with 33" tires/4.56 gearing 5spd.

The 5.0 maf works on the 4.0 ohv? I have one from a 5.0 explorer.

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
EF Vendor
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
The 5.0 maf works on the 4.0 ohv? I have one from a 5.0 explorer.
It’s not needed. You aren’t running out of air on the 4.0, it’s a low revving motor. Don’t get caught up in the bigger is better mentality.