Underhood video of Airaid intake and gap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Underhood video of Airaid intake and gap

CobraJohn

Reaction score
City, State
Magnolia, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
I shot a video with a camera under the hood with the hood closed, showing the VERY LARGE gap ((( at least 2+ inches ))) between the top of the Airaid intake and the underside of the hood.

I don't know how to post a video as Photobucket won't accept a .wmv file.

VERY disappointed with the "Airaid gasket for so called sealing the airbox.

I'm either going to fab a lid or design a taller seal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would love to see a drop in addition to just add onto the top of the airaid box to seal it off. A lid would probably be easiest, no reason it has to seal to the hood, a lid can seal it off easily.

That's true and I looked at a lid, but the top is irregular in height....it slopes, drops, slants, etc....

I will work up a prototype and show y'all what I come up with.

That's true and I looked at a lid, but the top is irregular in height....it slopes, drops, slants, etc....

I will work up a prototype and show y'all what I come up with.

Has anyone tried to plumb either the AIRAID/K&N/INJEN intake into the stock box? use the cold air of the box and good/smooth piping of the aftermarket intake while placing the cone filter in the stock box?

Just competed my temp testing and with my make shift temporary shield I was able to see 19.1 degrees differential.

Will post pics soon.

Back