Unhappy with black trim on sport? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Unhappy with black trim on sport?

CD_Donaldson

Reaction score
City, State
Waynesville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
I guess I'm honestly kinda just wanting to see opinions on the black trim color for the Sport models. I have a 2016 sport that's bronze fire metallic and I'm just not a fan of the black grille and such. If it were a perfect world where I had loads of money, I'd probably switch everything over to chrome. Has anybody done this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Most members seem to be of the opposite opinion. They are switching out chrome for black. Members have switched grilles, painted or plasti-dipped them. There are a few threads on grilles etc.

Peter

Odrapnew

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
I have to agree with Peter's post.

My opinion is the black makes the Sport look somewhat menacing, in a good way. I wish the chrome handles were either painted or black on my 14. The chrome doesn't fit the Sport.

mguy13sport

Reaction score
City, State
NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
The Platinum / Limited are full of chrome.

And I agree the Sport looks good blacked out. My 13 also has the chrome handles which is weird because its the only chrome beside the exhaust tips

joney

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Eau Claire WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT4x4 SOHC
I guess I'm honestly kinda just wanting to see opinions on the black trim color for the Sport models. I have a 2016 sport that's bronze fire metallic and I'm just not a fan of the black grille and such. If it were a perfect world where I had loads of money, I'd probably switch everything over to chrome. Has anybody done this?
I don't have a Sport, but I like the chrome! And it doesn't need paint touch ups, either