• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Uniden with S/RF meter

thedirtyneck

Reaction score
City, State
Blacksburg, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
I am looking at buying a uniden pc68xl cb. It says that it has a built in s/rf meter. What exactly is this and does this help in tuning your cb antennas? Thanks

Brian

thedirtyneck

Reaction score
City, State
Blacksburg, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
Anyone? I looked online but uniden doesnt really tell you much on their webpage. Anywho the cb is on its way.

Sandy

Reaction score
City, State
Boston Area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ranger Edge
:cool:

Me again man,

The meter in the radio is usually not good for much.
It may be an indicator that the SWR has gone off or maybe a help to determine if you are receiving a singal better than another, (but I would think your ear would do that too).

Buy an inexpensive SWR/Power Meter and use that to set your initial SWR. If you want to mount it on or next to the radio then you can monitor the readings all the time.

LOL,

Stompah

HAWAIIAN NITEMARE
Reaction score
City, State
Hilo, Hawaii but reside in Ridgecrest, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 4WD
I am looking at buying a uniden pc68xl cb. It says that it has a built in s/rf meter. What exactly is this and does this help in tuning your cb antennas? Thanks

It measures received signal and and transmit power. It gives you a rough feedback on whether your system is out of tune but you're gonna have to know what to look for.

Like Sandy said, a SWR/Watt meter is the way to go to see if your antenna is in or out of tune.