Unidentified vacuum line | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Unidentified vacuum line

jcundiff

Reaction score
I have a 2000 explorer Limited, 5.0 L 8 Cyl, engine code P. I been getting radon misses and found my wires were shot. When replacing the wires, I discovered that a vacuum line appears to have melted- problem is I can only locate one half of the equation. I'm sure I'm just over looking it. can any on tell me where this vacuum line is supposed to be heading so I can find the other end?? It is while, exiting a double port on the driver side, just in front of and below the intake manifold. One vacuum line runs across to the passenger side and into the area of the air intake. The other is the one that is burned off. See pics. Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cannot find "manage attachments" button.

I'd like to upload a few pics but cannot find the button mentioned din FAQ. Can anyone help with how to load a pic?

Thank you! I loaded some shorcuts to flicker- i think you have to right click and open image in new window.
The burned off one is supposed to go to the EVAP regulator in front of and under the battery on the driver side. The other tubing goes to the heat control regulator on the passenger side.

Yes but also needed fixed 10 years ago

Back