Unlock Nav and activate rear camera | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Unlock Nav and activate rear camera

expoman55

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Parrish FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Exp Sport, 2019 f150
Soo is there anyway through programming to unlock the nav for access by the passenger while driving and also to activate for watching trailer when towing or just checkingout the dork behind you LOL..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Soo is there anyway through programming to unlock the nav for access by the passenger while driving and also to activate for watching trailer when towing or just checkingout the dork behind you LOL..
Are you referring to using Forscan for this?

yes referring to using Forscan
I don't know for sure but I would doubt that you could unlock the MFT screen with it as that could lead to 'distracted' driving. If it was unlocked while in motion that would mean the driver would also have access to it. That could mean the "dork" behind you might be playing with the screen while you suddenly brake.:eek: The passenger detection feature would also not prevent the driver from using it as you can simply put something heavy enough on the seat to fool the system to believing someone is sitting there. As for the rearview camera, that might be doable. The camera's 'delay' feature already allows you to view the rear until you reach a certain speed.
Good luck.

Peter

Hello Peter.. I understand and agree with your points .. HOWEVER to that end all of my other carrs BMW335, BMW x5, Audi Q7 and Audi s4 the system allows for those changes to be made via the screen.. I guess the germans would expect we are smart enough to not kill ourselves.. LOL it is a pIB not being able to make change.. LOL
Lock Pic by sonic makes an inline box to do it but 549 seems a bit much...

Hello Peter.. I understand and agree with your points .. HOWEVER to that end all of my other carrs BMW335, BMW x5, Audi Q7 and Audi s4 the system allows for those changes to be made via the screen.. I guess the germans would expect we are smart enough to not kill ourselves.. LOL it is a pIB not being able to make change.. LOL

I wouldn't "blanket" say the Germans allow it, yeah in our past VW you "could" after a disclaimer but it was more distracting that anything in the Ford.

my blanket is only based on my experience of my own vehicles.. Shoot if I could bypass a warning great.. cannot do that on the Ford.. you have to have the car in park.

Have you tried the voice control?

Was on vacation this last week and my wife was messing with the Nav while I was driving. It would allow her to scroll down through the turn list without issue, but when she tried to scroll back up it gave the warning about not being able to operate certain features while in motion. I understand the need to keep the driver focused on the road, but sometimes it seems like they just picked random features to block, while still allowing others.

Was on vacation this last week and my wife was messing with the Nav while I was driving. It would allow her to scroll down through the turn list without issue, but when she tried to scroll back up it gave the warning about not being able to operate certain features while in motion. I understand the need to keep the driver focused on the road, but sometimes it seems like they just picked random features to block, while still allowing others.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
As you stated, the driver's focus should be on the road. The navigation should only be available through voice commands while in motion. That is what I use. I have no idea what criteria Ford or other manufacturers use for available/unavailable items while in motion. It does seem 'random' at times.

Peter

Navigation (allow while in motion) Enabled
APIM 7D0-02-01 x7xx xxxx xxzz Enabled=7 [or 5753]
Disabled x5xx xxxx xxzz Disabled=5 [or 5553]

Navigation speed cameras
Enabled APIM 7D0-02-02 x..8 xxxx xxzz Enabled=8
Disabled x..0 xxxx xxzz Disabled=0

My friend owns a BMW X5 and he told me that he contacted someone online to change all of that stuff from online or internet, without him even plugging in any devices. Anything he wants, he gets. He is on BMW forums too. Someone else did it for him and when he drives he can choose to have his backup cam, surround cam or front cam show on his navigation screen while he is driving. Now he is into some Euro BMW laser lights that move the lasers in certain direction talking about all this stuff. What is he talking about, i have no idea. I just told him to stick to regulations. Every country has their own regulations.

in a simple answer Yes ! id like the option that I can see a trailer etc.

Navigation (allow while in motion) Enabled
APIM 7D0-02-01 x7xx xxxx xxzz Enabled=7 [or 5753]
Disabled x5xx xxxx xxzz Disabled=5 [or 5553]

Navigation speed cameras
Enabled APIM 7D0-02-02 x..8 xxxx xxzz Enabled=8
Disabled x..0 xxxx xxzz Disabled=0
How do you access this menu?

thanks

Do you have FORScan? You need the FORScan tool and software to modify vehicle settings.

Peter

Do you have FORScan? You need the FORScan tool and software to modify vehicle settings.

Peter

The forscan tool is also known as a OBD II connector. It needs to be capable of BOTH HS-CAN and MS-CAN.

The software will require that the user have an active licence to perform modifications.

What is the link to the software?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back