Update! My Coolant Leak Story From Before..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Update! My Coolant Leak Story From Before.....

rwest!

Reaction score
City, State
Central, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Eddie Bauer
:rolleyes: Well, I just talked to my mechanic and he says the truck is running!! The other mechanic/tow guy is driving it around now, they put antifreeze it, it hasn't leaked back out!

He did mention something about a problem with the fuel pressure (wasn't getting enough - I'm think fuel pump?), he hooked up the truck to the computer and saw that, again, there wasn't enough pressue - they're still driving it and checking it out.

Now one thing about me, I ask a lot of questions and I asked him if there any hoses that were loose, I asked about the water pump, thermostat, even possible damage to the engine (cracked heads?) and he I didn't see anything wrong, but he does 'something' is wrong somewhere - they're driving it now to see if something will leak, shut down, or whatever, he doesn't want to give it back to me and then I drive it on the highway again and it shuts down.......so that's where I'm at now....I'm touching base with him later when I get home from work, but I just wanted to send an update to those that replied to my other thread!.....I want to say good news, but I don't know....?????

how about the fuel pressure regulator?? anyone that has owned an X for more than a year has probably replaced it.

Back