update Navigation DVD?

thebrakeman

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Canton, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Mercury Mountaineer
My '06 Mounty has the OEM DVD-based Nav system (named "Flo" by my girls). I thought about updating the DVD a couple of years ago, until I saw the price, at $199! Has rarely been a problem, but there are a few new bypasses showing up here and there that have thrown Flo into a fit.

Got a letter from Ford trying to sell me on an update. $149 "if you act now!".

Anyone ever updated their disc, and felt it was worth it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh, and by the way, I don't have a smartphone.
I know, stone-ages...
So please don't tell me to get a smartphone. I'm debating that already with the DW.

This thread is simply looking for feedback from those who have actually updated the disc. If that's you:

Was it worth it to you or not?
Did it change the look at all?
Any added features?

Yes I updated last year from verision p6 to p12. It was worth the upgrade but from ebay for $40. Waiting for the p13 to show up on ebay

I am in the same shoes. Still have OEM GPS on my 06. Since mine was built in 05, many times I am driving in "nowhere" land. But I am not ready to shell out 150 bucks. maybe 50.
Butch - what is p6 and p12 ?

My '06 Mounty has the OEM DVD-based Nav system (named "Flo" by my girls). I thought about updating the DVD a couple of years ago, until I saw the price, at $199! Has rarely been a problem, but there are a few new bypasses showing up here and there that have thrown Flo into a fit.

Got a letter from Ford trying to sell me on an update. $149 "if you act now!".

Anyone ever updated their disc, and felt it was worth it?
I've updated about every 2 years, but always at a discounted price from eBay sellers. There were lots of changes that showed up from the 6P to 8P versions, but fewer since then. If you've still got the original map from 2006 you would do well to just pick up a used 10P which is 2-3 years old but will be a big improvement at a very low price ($25-30?).

Back