Update not good Fuse box wiring for 1991 4×4 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Update not good Fuse box wiring for 1991 4×4 explorer

Ocforwork

Reaction score
City, State
Los angeles
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 ford explorer 4×4
Replacing the fuse box in my 4×4 explorer, it's a long story, could someone post a picture of the wire connections in the back of the fuse box? Love my truck by the way, thank you guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to EF!!!! :D

welcome to explorerforum.
Are you asking about the fuse box under the dash, or the power distribution box in the engine bay?

qYwcRWo.jpg

Best that can be done for photo (note: image from late '94, 2wd). do you have the wiring schematic?

Thank you, thank you. This helps , thank you.

Thank you, thank you. This helps , thank you.
Thank you, thank you. This helps , thank
View attachment 429409
Best that can be done for photo (note: image from late '94, 2wd). do you have the wiring schematic?
I spoke to soon, but no I dont have the wiring schematics, i have hanes book but it only covers a few. I need the color code or wiring for '91 4×4 4L.
I can wire it in an alternate manner but i'd rather not. Thank you.

Replacing the fuse box in my 4×4 explorer, it's a long story, could someone post a picture of the wire connections in the back of the fuse box? Love my truck by the way, thank you guys.
My black and white truck died on way to a delivery. Shut off battery dead. My battery ws stolen after work graveyard parked fell a sleep gone....well it was ripped out broke a few things shorted my fuse box. I got new used one but i cant figure out critical grey and yelllow wire locarions and few others, ty.

Last post is difficult to understand. The method used to steal your battery caused fuse box damage?
Are you requesting the wiring diagrams ?
Do you have a photo of the section you are trying to fix?

The starter relay was broken and main box under hood damaged, im not expert so i dont kmow exactly why but the wires around the flasher melted the box and some wires together.
Hard to tell which wires went were, i got new box, just the holder I need to see the back of an internal fuse box so i can place the wires correctly, i got some done but i dont have any schematics color codes, thank you

Last post is difficult to understand. The method used to steal your battery caused fuse box damage?
Are you requesting the wiring diagrams ?
Do you have a photo of the section you are trying to fix?
Good evening sir, your picture is actjally very helpfull, getting stranded is not fun, i am greatful for your replies. Im stuck trying to figure out which of my colored wires were substituted for your red and green wire and your white and light blue wires , i dont have those. And thank you for the help

91 differs from my 94
My White/LtBlu wire will be Brown/Orange on yours.

91fuse box:

ucuTS6f.jpg

2009-09-04_174728_fusee1-gif.gif

I didn't go back through this thread completely, but it likely has helpful info

Back