• Register Today It's free!

Update On My EX

auburnfan138

Reaction score
City, State
Auburn,AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLS 4WD
Painted the frame black...Going to apply another coat of black tommorrow and a clear coat after that..

got the westin crossbars from Donner...thanks again :thumbsup:

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

DSC00167.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00171.jpg

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

comments and recommendations welcome :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's time for a new exhaust set up man. lol. That little pipe looks puny and out of place compared to the bulkyness of your rig.

haha an exhaust system is very high on the list but i have gotta save $

im going with headers, straight duals, 2.5" pipping with tips angled out :thumbsup:

That is one sweet rig! Excellent... :)

Awesome! Ever think about painting your bumpers black???

i have actually...ive also thought about black herculiner around them...

but i think im going to go with custom front and back bumpers mainly because i need something strong enough to house a winch....but thats going to come later down the road when shes not my daily driver

yeah I had my bumpers hurculined for a while then it started to fade and didnt look too hot so I peeled it off the plastics. Yes I said peel off....It doesnt bond very well to plastics compared to metal. I then replaced it with krylon fusion plastic bonding paint. I highly recomend doing that over hurculiner.

yeah I had my bumpers hurculined for a while then it started to fade and didnt look too hot so I peeled it off the plastics. Yes I said peel off....It doesnt bond very well to plastics compared to metal. I then replaced it with krylon fusion plastic bonding paint. I highly recomend doing that over hurculiner.

do you have any pics? does the krylon fusion run?

look up SPAZZ for a good write up on painting bumpers with krylon fusion... his is pretty good, and has pics

also...

frame paint looks great ! btw... just a suggestion, and im sure you have already thought of this... get atleast 2 lights mounted to those cross bars up top... HOLY WOW that would look awesome !!!!

also...

frame paint looks great ! btw... just a suggestion, and im sure you have already thought of this... get atleast 2 lights mounted to those cross bars up top... HOLY WOW that would look awesome !!!!

im eventually getting a thule m.o.a.b basket and putting 6 more kc lights up there... :thumbsup:

o yeah !!!!!!!!

Yeah I have some....The krylon fusion is hard to make it run. You can pretty much watch the stuff absorb into your bumpers....Pretty durable stuff and goes on easy.

Here it is with nothing on it.......
30927940001_large.jpg

Here it is with hurculiner on it. It looks great for the first few months......
picture.php

And Krylon Fusion....
30927940431_large.jpg

As you can see she's got alot bigger in the past year because of this site. haha

Love the look. The wheels look great.

looks awesoem keep up good work

i would throw a gap cover in the rear wheel well thats one thing i hate about the body lift you can see right through the rear. i just some cheap hard plastic some rivets and riveted it in. really helps keep mud from sitting under there.
i woulds also paint the bumpers black. that way its all black and olive. thats one of my favorite colors for the explorers

Here's mine:

DSCF0827.jpg

I used spray bedliner, I used a pressure washer and didn't have a problem, so hopefully it'll last

On my 97 (haven't taken pics) I used Fusion with flat clear and it's looking good!

I painted both trucks within a month, so I don't know how long does it last

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i would throw a gap cover in the rear wheel well thats one thing i hate about the body lift you can see right through the rear. i just some cheap hard plastic some rivets and riveted it in. really helps keep mud from sitting under there.
i woulds also paint the bumpers black. that way its all black and olive. thats one of my favorite colors for the explorers

do yo have any pics of your gap guards....my thought was if i could get as much stuff under there painted black it would cast shadows and the only way you could see the gap would be if you were at level height

Back