Updated MFT and new map and keyboard is useless!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Updated MFT and new map and keyboard is useless!!

donm527

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
MFT updated and keyboard wont work...

I haven't been on the board in a while but I updated the MFT and got the new map and thought it should be an improvement but it's turned to be frustrating.

It looks and operates ok... until you get to the nav.

you try a simple function like set home address and the keyboard has most of the keys faded out except maybe two. you change to num keypad and most of the numbers are faded. obviously this makes the nav absolutely useless and honestly have to say i'm upset.

i have done a master reset already and no help.
i have tried browsing pages on this forum and hadnt seen a similiar issue.

help?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From what I've seen using the keyboard with the nav, it doesn't give the whole keyboard because it's looking at the address's for the town selected and only gives you the letter for the streets that exist. I.E., if you're in a town where there are no street names that start with the letter "Q", the Q would be faded out.

i see what you are saying and tried it with an example address

6734 nw 60 terrace and see to the right there is a dropdown to complete as you mention.

but i tried my old childhood address (in St. pete and I am typing this in Boca)... 4328 14 way... the moment i put a space after 14 i only have choices like CR14 blah blah crap... i have no override whatsoever to get more than two lighted keys on the keyboard.

you mean I have to choose city and hope it has the option after i choose the city?

EDITED/UPDATE...

thanks JDraper :chug:... i removed the rest of my rant because yes... you have to put in state, city, street, then number in reverse order for it to narrow it down in it's database.

if you enter an address at your location/city and the address naming is not the same, then it will not give you the appropriate keys to type.

i entered in an address and it worked smooth. but we'll see what happens when there is an address or street name thats not on it's database... seems inevitable but i'll save my rant for that time.

From what I've seen using the keyboard with the nav, it doesn't give the whole keyboard because it's looking at the address's for the town selected and only gives you the letter for the streets that exist. I.E., if you're in a town where there are no street names that start with the letter "Q", the Q would be faded out.

deleted--answered by edit above

Back