Future Mods:
Underdrive Pulley
Change stock exhaust piping to 2.5" and remove resonator
Tuner
Infinity Kapa Components for Front
Custom Interior
Paint
List Goes On!!!!!!!!

Here is some updated pics of my Ex. I debadged everything except for the v8 because I think the v8 symblom is pretty cool. I painted the grill black along with the top plastic part of the rear bumper. I also painted the exhaust with a high heat paint. Also played around with the idea of doing what another member on here did, putting the explorer on the hood like the range rover. Still not set on it but I think it looks pretty good. Keep in mind I just threw them up there with some tape and they are not perfectly centered or straight. Give me some opinions if I should do it or ditch it.

DSCN0987.jpg

DSCN0986.jpg

DSCN0985.jpg

DSCN0984.jpg

DSCN0983.jpg

DSCN0982.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks really good , the hood looks awesome 2:thumbsup:

If you went with like a Black Pearl paint on the emblems then I would say yes keep it. Also like I said before I would black out every thing but that is completely up to you.

Headlights will get done up like EXPOon24's did his, tail lights will be 4th gen or black LED's, but I like the little touches of chrome like the explorer on the hood(if I keep it) and the chrome v8. Im just not totally set on the murdered out look but its starting to grow on me. In fact when I bought I was told to get black rims and paint the grill black and I said I never would, but now I really like it. Also any one know where I can get the ford emblems for the grill and rear hatch in black, im not liking the blue ones at all any more.

LOVE IT!!! (minus the hood letters) Your best bet would be to get some overlays in black. I heard you could take the plastic cover off the emblem, put on the black overlay and then put the cover back on? I messed with an emblem I had and didn't really see how that was possible. I also plan on doing the 4th gen tail lights. Mine and yours are pretty similar, you are just more "murdered' out. I vote to take off the roof rack.

LOOKS AWESOME! :thumbsup:

According to ghoster on the thread posted the 02+ emblems are diff. and wont come apart. I can only find the older emblems in black online and there $40+ each. Maybe an over lay is the way to go unless the older emblem's are the same size im sure I could pick some up cheap from ebay or a junkyard, then take them apart and paint them.

looks awesome tyler keep up good work

Thanks for the link Edgar I might mess with them today, lets hope I dont break them. My update for today is im painting the frame right now its looks way better. Ill keep you updated if I find out how to take the emblems apart.

Well ghoster was right are emblems are completely diff. and have absolutely no cover that can be removed. It is one piece of plastic withe an epoxy that is poured over the blue inlet and ford writing. However you can remove the epoxy by heating it up and carefully prying it up with a small screwdriver. It actually looks pretty cool all chrome but I dunno if it fits my Ex. So i need some help here leave it as is and do the rear, paint it black and leave the ford chrome and just clear it, paint it and try and add epoxy over it, or scrap it and buy already done black emblems.

DSCN0988.jpg

And here is my cleaned up and painted frame

DSCN0989.jpg

That looks really good. I was thinking about putting a peice of metal from the body to the bottom of the frame to cover all of that up and maybe save some of the lines and cables that are there.

Bam black Ford oval, still needs some minor touch ups but im really liking it. Still entertaining the idea of putting some type of epoxy back, but I dunno yet.

DSCN0990.jpg

Did the emblem come apart like mentioned? Guess I will have to give it a try soon if it does:)

you can heat the epoxy up with a hair dryer and once you get an edge up it come off pretty easy, but there is no way to keep it intact. I actually think your ex would look good with it all chrome it was just a little much for mine.

OMG! that thing looks AWESOME! Thats how I want my GFs to look like....minus the wheels.....Id like to get her some boss 335's in black....

anyway...maybe I missed ur thread on this, but what did you paint all the trim with? it looks really good!

Great looking Explorer Tyler.
Can you please post information on your tires and rims, I would like to do the same thing on mine.
Thanks
:)

Thanks for the compliments the rims are 17x8 American Racing Fuel Teflon Series, but the previous owner had them powder coated a high gloss black because they were a dull grey. The tires are Nitto Terra Grappler A/T in a 265/70/17.

XtremeRanger my ex is a limited so all the trim, bumpers, and handles came painted from the factory.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

getting epoxy back on is pretty tought .. i tried it and it came out very rough. i just left mine black with the silver ford and clearcoated it

Back