2002 Limited Updated Pics | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Limited Updated Pics

One of these days we'll meet up;) I am actually working a job not very far from you, but I am doing most of the work at my house(building bookshelves). If that works out okay, then there's another that in the area too that I hope to get as well(entertainment system:D).

I gave up cleaning the Ex because it always snows the next day. I'm waiting for warm weather before I bother again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Before:

DSCN1006.jpg

DSCN0995.jpg

After:

DSCN1057.jpg

DSCN1060.jpg

DSCN1058.jpg

yes im still in love with this X lol...

I read that you spent roughly 85$ for the throttle body. What did you pay for the port an polish of your plenum ?

im sure speed shops will be different in pricing, but just curious ???

would this be possible to do for my 05 V6 ? i have no idea what size TB to buy, my guess would be 65 or 70mm ???

Tyler, when you started driving around with the TB and Plenum P&P'd was there a loss in low end TQ or gain ? or can the really power be felt in the higher RPM's ??

Very sweet looking ride! I like the idea of moving the badge to the hood... I may just have to copy that idea :D

4th gen tail lights look good too. Smoking or blacking out the high mount brake light would top it off nicely me thinks.

Tyler,

Could you do me a huge favor ???

I know for my Birthday im ordering the black headlight housings, and I am also thinking about swapping my tails for 06-10 tails...

could you take a pic with your brakes engaged ?

do you have all 3 lights working or just 2 ?

thanks fella

NICE RIDE!! I wish i had gotten a black explorer lol.

my dad has an 07, i could monkey around and see what would be needed for a 4th gen swap cald, btw. do 4th gen mirrors, my fav exterior mod.

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Caldwell I will try and snap some pics tomorrow but I do have all three lights working. If your headlights arent too fogged I would just paint them yourself, its actually really easy.

Ddarko I have been meaning to black out the high mount brake light for some time, just havent gotten around to it and still undecided if I want to put some led's in there at the same time.

Dude, we need to meet up and get some pictures together. Today sucked with all the rain, but maybe tomorrow? If it rains, I'm not working and we can get a few shots in even though both rides will be dirty. Plus we can compare exhaust via video for those that want a Flowmaster vs Magnaflow comparison;) PM what your schedule is and hopefully we can work something out!

yall deffinately need to get together so you can show limited the wrong in his ways...show him the way of the magnaflow!!. also, pics would be nice. just somthing about an explorer/cobra/mustang wolf pack prowling the streets that gets me going.

Most of you have heard the story and have seen the pics in the 3rd gen pics thread but I thought I would throw them up in here as well, as it could potentially be my last update(with the 02). Deer ran in front of me and I never saw it, in fact I though I killed someone. Core support is bent along with the other body damage and un sure about frame/mechanical damage. Made the mistake of taking it to a smaller Ford dealership that was closer to my house on Friday the 14th(accident happened Thursday night). After several attempts at getting information on the status of the estimate, my insurance had to escalate it to the KC territory service manager for Ford. Just as I was afraid they hadnt even looked at the car yet after having it for 6 days. Another local Ford dealership was willing to eat the tow cost and pick up my Ex. Should hopefully find out if its totaled or not by tomorow. Oh and that is deer furr in the grille and in the last pic if you look close you can see where the core support is bent.

DSC_0767.jpg

DSC_0769.jpg

DSC_0774.jpg

DSC_0775.jpg

DSC_0770.jpg

That sucks man! Your Ex looked so nice too. Your damage will probably be over $5000. Mine was $3700 and they replaced a fender, bumper, grill, headlight, turn light, that absorber stuff under the bumper, new fog light and some other crap. You might get lucky and not get a total, but if ya do, you can always buy it back and fix it up.

Dang! That's not good at all, sorry to see that happen.
I hate deer on the roads, almost got a deer myself a few days ago. Fortunate I saw her in time to miss.

Hopefully you'll find something out soon. Olathe Ford seemed to have good turn around time when I had them fix my drivers door window and I have actually been needing to go there to get a recall fixed, but I've been lazy:D

Also, the day after you posted up pictures, I was driving the backroads at night and saw a deer. Luckily I had a clear view and stopped, the deer ran across the road followed by 9 more. I don't think I've ever seen 10 deer in one spot! Didn't see one that had "EXPLORER" engraved into his side either:D

Good luck and let us know ASAP when you find something out.

Not much of an update but talked to the shop Friday and he thinks it will not be totaled but hasnt fully inspected it yet. Thing that worries me is he said they are going to just bend the core support back. Everything I read says it is nearly impossible to get everything to line up correctly if you bend it back and that fact that it will just crumble if I get in an accident again. He said he will have the complete estimate for me on Monday, so I will just wait and see what they say. Sounds like it is real close though and replacing the core support would push it over, so instead of doing it the right way they will jsut bend it back to get the job. If that is the case I am going to complain to my insurance as I dont want to be driving around in an unsafe vehicle, especially with my 1 year old nephew. Any one know if core support damage shows up as frame damage on autocheck or carfax? This is turning out to be the biggest headache but I will say State Farm has been great, just not so happy with Ford.

if the radiator support is bent then they should replace it...you should not let them fix it by just bending it back...if theyre going to do the job tell them to do it right...you have to also watch out because most body shops that the insurance company tells you to bring your car too work together at the cheapest price so they wont pay out...dont just sit back and let them tell you what to do...new pieces, if not tell them to total it out...less headaches for you
goodluck:thumbsup:

Tyler02,

I know your pain buddy... in about a month from now will have been a year, since i had my red X totalled. It was a PITA waiting on the fate of my X. Un fortuneatley where i hit ( B post ) is all frame so my X was totalled...

so what will you do if the X gets totalled ??? any thoughts on a possible new vehicle or is it to early to say yet ?

It just sucks being jacked around by the people I thought it would be best to take it to, FORD. I was in no way persuaded to take it to Ford and had tons of other options. I dont feel at all that State Farm is trying to jack me around, but rather both Ford dealerships, so if they decide to fix it I might find somewhere else. After much research and talking to experts in the field I absolutely refuse to let them bend the core support back in place and will replace it myself if that is my only option. If it does get totaled im looking at a couple vehicles. 4th gen Explorer, newer F-150 and although I didnt like the appearance at first Im really starting to dig the Flex and have gotten alot of complements on it. 4th gen Ex is probably my first pick though.

Tylers02...
Off topic, but in a thread about your Ex I may as well ask. What rims do you have on your Ex?

They are American Racing Fuel 17x8's that I got for stupid cheap off Donner on this site. They were originally teflon coated but he had them powdercoated black because he didnt like the grey look and never mounted them. Not only did I get all four for the price of one but to this day the only rims I like, atleast for my Ex and the look im going for.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey Tylers02
have you gone to LMC trucks and looked up the prices for parts.
they are also put of lenexa, ks to to far from you its a really nice store.
i used to live in overland park too

Back