Updating MFT version on Syncmyride | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Updating MFT version on Syncmyride

jspeer

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited Explorer
Does anyone know how to update the MFT version on syncmyride? We had the explorer in for an oil change and the dealer actually updted MFT for us. pleasant surprise since I didn't know an update was out and love the temp being back by the time.

Anyway syncmyride wants me to report a succesful install by downloading and installing the version first but that's already compelted by the dealer. Will a vehicle health report update syncmyride correctly?

I am hoping I can update it easier than downloading and reinstalling.

Any input is appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a status checker that you can download from SMR that has you put it on a USB and then plug into your car. Afterward I think you plug it back into the computer and it reports versions to SMR.

Also people here have said that running a vehicle health report will also update your version numbers, so that may be the easier way (at least the easier one to try first and see if it works :)).

Does anyone know how to update the MFT version on syncmyride? We had the explorer in for an oil change and the dealer actually updted MFT for us. pleasant surprise since I didn't know an update was out and love the temp being back by the time.

Anyway syncmyride wants me to report a succesful install by downloading and installing the version first but that's already compelted by the dealer. Will a vehicle health report update syncmyride correctly?

Any input is appreciated
Like Vince said. :thumbsup:
www.syncmyride.com will step you through it providing you are registered there.:)

Peter

sync my ride

jspeer, I too had taken my 2012 ex in for service and some warranty problems and asked my dealer to update mft while they had it and was emphatically told there was no update. I tried to explain that sync my ride said there was one available, even asked him to sign on in my name on sync my ride to see for himself. He refused, so consider yourself lucky to have a considerate dealer.

jspeer, I too had taken my 2012 ex in for service and some warranty problems and asked my dealer to update mft while they had it and was emphatically told there was no update. I tried to explain that sync my ride said there was one available, even asked him to sign on in my name on sync my ride to see for himself. He refused, so consider yourself lucky to have a considerate dealer.
This just continues to show the communications problem that seems to exist between Ford and its dealers.
It took me about 40 minutes to install on my Explorer and the engine has to be running.

Peter

mft

Yeah Peter,
I wound up doing it myself but since I had it there anyway I thought I would just let them do it, But didn't happen.

Any input is appreciated

Hi, jspeer!

Status Checker and Vehicle Health Report will both report the update back to us. :) Let me know if you need any help!

Yeah Peter,
I wound up doing it myself but since I had it there anyway I thought I would just let them do it, But didn't happen.

I'm just glad you got the update, tuin42man. :)

Rebecca

This just continues to show the communications problem that seems to exist between Ford and its dealers.
It took me about 40 minutes to install on my Explorer and the engine has to be running.

Peter

Engine definitely does not have to be running. Key needs to be on, so turn off accessories like A/C, lights, etc.

Engine definitely does not have to be running. Key needs to be on, so turn off accessories like A/C, lights, etc.
When I attempted to load the update without the engine running, the update stopped after a minute or so and I was instructed to turn the vehicle on by a pop-up message on the screen. When I started it up the program then reinitialized and started over and completed. Perhaps it is different for some vehicles.

Peter

The instructions on SMR say that the engine needs to be running. I imagine that is to avoid the battery saver feature from activating and interrupting the installation process. If you have completed updates without it running, congratulations, but you may be playing with fire :)

Also, the key needs to be on? What key? We don't have a key...

I am planing to run this update during a long trip. Any reason why I should not be doing this while it is being driven ?

the instructions on smr say that the engine needs to be running. I imagine that is to avoid the battery saver feature from activating and interrupting the installation process. If you have completed updates without it running, congratulations, but you may be playing with fire :)

also, the key needs to be on? What key? We don't have a key...

smr?

The engine definitely does need to be on while updating MyFord Touch, edub. This is to ensure there are no interruptions during the install.

SMR = SYNCMyRide.com ;)

I am planing to run this update during a long trip. Any reason why I should not be doing this while it is being driven ?

You can perform the update while driving. Enjoy your road trip!

Rebecca

thanks Rebecca! thank goodness mine went without a hitch!

at least now i know for the next soon to be released update with applink!!! ;) ;)

thanks Rebecca! thank goodness mine went without a hitch!

at least now i know for the next soon to be released update with applink!!! ;) ;)

You're welcome! :D

Rebecca

I tried to download the update. After 2 hours, I gave up. The a pop up said the install failed and that I needed at least 2 g. I had 4g...brand new drive...formatted. 3 other attempts failed. Online chat said that status checker was down and told me to go tp the dealer. Not real happy! I suspect the site was down.

I tried to download the update. After 2 hours, I gave up. The a pop up said the install failed and that I needed at least 2 g. I had 4g...brand new drive...formatted. 3 other attempts failed. Online chat said that status checker was down and told me to go tp the dealer. Not real happy! I suspect the site was down.
Do you have another brand of USB drive available? Perhaps it is a compatibility issue.
I have a problem trying to download the updates with my desktop but it works everytime using my laptop.

Peter

You're welcome! :D

Rebecca

Is "applink" on the MFT screen when you press "info"? If not, where is it? Was any notice emailed to Ford owners regarding the new update? If so I didn't get one and found out about it on this site. I did a successful update last evening, but where can I find a list of enhancements for this update?

Is "applink" on the MFT screen when you press "info"? If not, where is it? Was any notice emailed to Ford owners regarding the new update? If so I didn't get one and found out about it on this site. I did a successful update last evening, but where can I find a list of enhancements for this update?
If you downloaded the update you would have seen that there is no 'Applink'. As far as receiving personal notification about the update, all I can say is that I'm still waiting to be informed the update to V2.11 is available. There is no communications between Ford/SMR and the owners regarding updates. I, like you, have only found out about them through this Forum. I know of at least one 2012 owner who bought a Limited a little over a month ago who is still running on V2.11 and was not aware that updates were available or could even be done.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have another brand of USB drive available? Perhaps it is a compatibility issue.
I have a problem trying to download the updates with my desktop but it works everytime using my laptop.

Peter

I tried with a Sony and Sandisk. Same error. Formatted both as advised by Sync chat. I'll try again before visiting the dealer.

Back