• Register Today It's free!

Updating the wiring

ilyk

Reaction score
City, State
Folsom
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Police
Hi everyone. I know, that thread could be already discussed, but never found anything about just it.

What we have:
- 2014 PIU with Sync1
- 2016 center console
- 2016 instrument cluster (speedometer)

I found the dashboard and floor wiring harness from 2016 XLT. Yes, I did a big mistake, because it cannot be connected to the 2014 cabin fuse box.

Question: is it possible to install the fuse box from the 2016? Or would I be needed to replace also a engine wiring? Did a anyone tried such a project? Any help is appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

maybe anyone has a pinout or wiring diagram for both 2014 and 2016 so I can try to match at least the wires I have in my fuse box to that harness

Welcome to the forum!

2014 is in my sig. I don't know what changed between then and '16, nor what differences there are between a civilian 2014 and a PIU 2014.

Apparently there were quite a few changes with software and wiring with the 2016 refresh from posts that I have come across.

Peter

maybe anyone has a pinout or wiring diagram for both 2014 and 2016 so I can try to match at least the wires I have in my fuse box to that harness
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Apparently there were quite a few changes with software and wiring with the 2016 refresh from posts that I have come across.

Peter
Yes, I agree. But what I wanted is to connect the floor console and, maybe, APIM + HVAC + 8" screen modules later. I planned to get those from the junkyard for cheap (got the console with the shifter for only $75).

So the question is: is there a possibility to somehow replace the wiring to 2016 in the 2014 PIU? What to expect? If I'd replace a fuse box, would it connect to the underhood wiring or would it need to be replaced too? Too many questions...

Back