Upgrade your Explorer from Non-Nav to Nav MFT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Upgrade your Explorer from Non-Nav to Nav MFT

jmr061

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Exp Sport
I have noticed that many people would like to add OEM navigation to their MFT vehicle that didn't come with it. I can offer this via replacing the brains of the system known as the APIM. It is very simple to get to on the Explorer. It resides on the back side of the 8" screen.

What I can do is provision an APIM for your vehicle and include navigation.

Check out the NAV page on my website and email me with any questions.

http://www.fordpimods.com/navigation-mft.html

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will do a deal on the first taker. $500

Thanks

Jason

Update....the deal has been used up

Tempting...

Jason,

Thanks again for turning on navigation, remote start, and updating all of my software.

Well worth the charge.

Everything is working great.

John

John

Sorry for the late response. Enjoyed working with you on it and getting everything taken care of.

Thanks.

Jason

BTW for everyone reading this the only hardware added for all of this was the SD nav card. Everything else was done via programming and never took anything apart. Time - 1 hr.

I can now add back-up camera functionality as well.

Can you make my factory nav actually work? That would be a neat trick that seems to have evaded ford engineering for 4 years now.

Show me what it takes to turn on Adaptive Cruise Control and we'll be in business.

For that you need some hardware too

I would guess it goes like this: jmr061 compared the asbuilt files of two identical vehicles, one having navigation, to find out the byte that enables it. Then he starts a reprogramming of apim through oasis and before downloading the apim files, modifies the generated request in order to add navi along with the reflash. It's very nice that he has the lowest rates for navi activation (compared to others), but it's just exploiting a loophole in Ford's system, not actual development.

Back