Upgrading sync2 from 3.6 to 3.7/3.8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Upgrading sync2 from 3.6 to 3.7/3.8

chan

Reaction score
City, State
San Francisco
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Limited 2014
Hi all!
I have a 2014 Explorer Limited that has sync2 3.6 installed. Syncmyride told me that i'm in the last version, but the Siri integration doesn't work. I called service and they said that there are no solution. My iPhone has iOS 10.2.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Hi all!
I have a 2014 Explorer Limited that has sync2 3.6 installed. Syncmyride told me that i'm in the last version, but the Siri integration doesn't work. I called service and they said that there are no solution. My iPhone has iOS 10.2.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!
Chan...
3.8 (Siri integrated) IS available, but you have to go to a dealership to have it installed. I found this out a couple months ago when I ran into the very same problem you did. I might also add, that some folks out there have 3.10 as well. So if you go to dealership, see if they're able to install 3.10 for you. (Not sure if this version is completely available at all dealerships though. As some forum members have discovered.)

Good luck!
And keep us updated.

I just got a used 2015 Explorer Sport. Frustrating that the "do it yourself" update isn't possible. Even if you HAVE to take it to the dealer, you'd think at least some kind of notification. Mine is on Sync version 3.7 and Syncmyride says I have the latest version. But now that I read this thread, I see there are newer versions...

Back