• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Upholstery Splitting on drivers seat seams

Mikey*TX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Liv'n in the hollow of an 'ol oak tree. ;-)
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 EXP ST Blk
Title says it all. Wouldn't have noticed it had I not been using the small hand vac. The split is on the verticle seam on the left front corner of the bolster. Right now it's about .25 in length. The white stuffing is visible. So, I'll take it to the dealer this morning.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

RickyG

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
Callsign
I
Title says it all. Wouldn't have noticed it had I not been using the small hand vac. The split is on the verticle seam on the left front corner of the bolster. Right now it's about .25 in length. The white stuffing is visible. So, I'll take it to the dealer this morning.
Could you please post a picture so that everybody else can keep an eye on that area of the seat cushion?

Mikey*TX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Liv'n in the hollow of an 'ol oak tree. ;-)
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 EXP ST Blk
IMG_20200322_172632.jpg
You can judge it's position above the plastic trim and the inboard security pin on the driver floor mat.