Uploading v2.11 problems from thumb drive | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uploading v2.11 problems from thumb drive

ercole

Reaction score
City, State
Verona, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I reviewed several threads in the IVT board and didn't find an answer to my situation, so I'm creating this thread so others can also post any problems or solutions they know of from doing the user update at home. I also posted this message on this board because it seems to have more activity than the IVT board, and many of you seem quite techie here. I PMed Rebecca, but I know she is often swamped and if there was a simple solution, I thought I'd get it quicker here.

I purchased a new Sandisk drive from Staples, went home, opened package and inserted it in computer. Went to sync site and downloaded v2.11 to the thumb drive. When it was complete, it says you now need to go update the truck. I inserted USB in truck and the program started loading no problem. After about 25 minutes, I came out to find a message that the program incurred a problem and the update was cancelled. Click OK. I removed drive and reinserted it and the said "file changed or removed. Can not continue." I then took out thumb drive, re-formatted it on my PC and re-loaded the files from the syncmyride site. But when I go back out to the truck, the message after you insert the drive still says "file changed or removed. Can not continue".

How do I get this upload to the truck going again? I will say that the current version (which was 2.8) is now corrupt and useless as nothing responds to touch commands (radio, climate, Nav, phone). You can select MENU-->SETTINGS--> but then it's just a blank screen after that, no other choices.

Any suggestions short of going to the dealer is appreciated.

Ercole

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would hope you will get a reply from Ford Rep, if not they must be having a good time watching us struggle on finding the correct path on resolving these problems.

You could try pulling fuse 29, or disconnecting the battery to see if something resets. If not, you'll likely have to go to the dealer.

Good luck..........................mv

You could try pulling fuse 29, or disconnecting the battery to see if something resets. If not, you'll likely have to go to the dealer.

Thanks mv, exactly what Rebecca suggested. Will give that a shot today and see if I'm able to re-start the upload process to 2.11.

She also advised that I confirm that the drive has U3 disabled. Not quite sure how to check for that.

Thanks mv, exactly what Rebecca suggested. Will give that a shot today and see if I'm able to re-start the upload process to 2.11.

She also advised that I confirm that the drive has U3 disabled. Not quite sure how to check for that.

Hi again, ercole!

Here's a removal tool for U3: http://u3.sandisk.com/launchpadremoval.htm

Keep us posted!

Rebecca

I reviewed several threads in the IVT board and didn't find an answer to my situation, so I'm creating this thread so others can also post any problems or solutions they know of from doing the user update at home. I also posted this message on this board because it seems to have more activity than the IVT board, and many of you seem quite techie here. I PMed Rebecca, but I know she is often swamped and if there was a simple solution, I thought I'd get it quicker here.

I purchased a new Sandisk drive from Staples, went home, opened package and inserted it in computer. Went to sync site and downloaded v2.11 to the thumb drive. When it was complete, it says you now need to go update the truck. I inserted USB in truck and the program started loading no problem. After about 25 minutes, I came out to find a message that the program incurred a problem and the update was cancelled. Click OK. I removed drive and reinserted it and the said "file changed or removed. Can not continue." I then took out thumb drive, re-formatted it on my PC and re-loaded the files from the syncmyride site. But when I go back out to the truck, the message after you insert the drive still says "file changed or removed. Can not continue".

How do I get this upload to the truck going again? I will say that the current version (which was 2.8) is now corrupt and useless as nothing responds to touch commands (radio, climate, Nav, phone). You can select MENU-->SETTINGS--> but then it's just a blank screen after that, no other choices.

Any suggestions short of going to the dealer is appreciated.

Ercole
After buying three usb drives, and with all the same results, I gave up. Going to dealer tomorrow to have them do it.

Unsuccessful Upgrade

After my memory stick stopped uploading into my EX for a good 45 mins I tried to reinstall it but received the same error as other have received. Finally I gave up and will wait for the 2012 upgrade. Having my vehicle out in my driveway running for an hour trying to play with this upgrade seemed like a waste of gas.

After my memory stick stopped uploading into my EX for a good 45 mins I tried to reinstall it but received the same error as other have received. Finally I gave up and will wait for the 2012 upgrade. Having my vehicle out in my driveway running for an hour trying to play with this upgrade seemed like a waste of gas.

Ditto for me.

Having my vehicle out in my driveway running for an hour trying to play with this upgrade seemed like a waste of gas.
In the city of Ottawa there is a bylaw, introduced in 2007, prohibiting vehicles from idling more that 3 minutes in a 60 minute span. There is however, a provision that says it does not apply to vehicles where vehicle idling is needed in order to repair the vehicle or prepare it for service. I guess that may apply in our case.
It does seem to be a curious way of having to update the MFT, especially when you hear reports that prolonged idling does not do the engine any good.:banghead:

Back