For Sale - Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL

Once you've installed those BTF spacers in the front, take a look at your front spindles when one or both of the front wheels is off the ground. Your spindle will hit your front coils. When offroading it can grind or bind up on the springs.

the new upper control arms are longer so they don't pull the spindle into the coil at full front suspension droop. they should be stronger than the stock arms also. Lastly, they'll have a uniball joint instead of a regular ball joint...much stronger, better range of motion, and won't wear out as quickly like the stock regular ball joints under heavy use.

The camber kits go under the upper control arm mounting points to give you the adjustability so that your alignment can be set back to factory specs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Ronin8002

Small update: I have the guinea pig truck here, and I'm starting to realize why there's no aftermarket support for these. They are very tough to design easily installed parts for. My machinist has made the custom misalignment Spacers for the uniball and they fit perfect. Unfortunately, I'm going back to the drawing board on the arm design itself. The way I was planning on doing them makes it impossible to get the cross shaft in the new arm. The arms will have to be a 2 piece design, where the arms will basically bolt to the bushings. I am jigged up for them, so that's half the battle. I can't post pics from my phone, but if anyone can post them for me, I can text pics. Now it's time to figure out how to make these easy to install and cost- effective!
Ps: mockup arm is tube, production ones will most likely be laser cut/ boxed arms.

I miss my truck but it will all be worth the wait.

Can't wait, I am anxious to see what you came up with!!

here are the pics from brandon of the arms he is making on my truck

upperarm.jpg

uniball.jpg

Were all so excited I can't friggin wait !!!!!!!

ill buy that. my control arms are pushed allllll the way down. i think its bc i have the 2in rancho quicklift struts too. so i need something

looking good! cant wait to see the finished product and then watch the money disappear out of my bank account!!! haha

Amen!

Lookin real good. Definantly gonna wait on my spacer install for these to be released

Anyone found some other camber kit's besides specialty product's kit's? Rock auto have some raybestos professional grade kit's for a good price but I'm not sure if they'll adjust enough?

I've got those 2" king spring's going in aswell + the 1.5" front spacer's. Is it worth having some handy? I don't know if the bloke will have overnight access to a X camber kit. I'm just wondering how much adjustment I will need over stock. It would be great if I don't need them tho' (crossed fingers) Cheer's mate!

This is from a mob called Ingall's but I've never heard of them
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ingalls-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b14f139a

Anyone found some other camber kit's besides specialty product's kit's? Rock auto have some raybestos professional grade kit's for a good price but I'm not sure if they'll adjust enough?

I think I posted the Napa part numbers. They are a bunch cheaper then ordering them from SP. And you will need them even with 1.5" spacers. I took the 2" spacers out and put 1.5" spacers in, to be honest it did not change things much at all if any!

With the size of the spacers you're installing you may not need them at all. The shop I took mine to was able to get it within specs without a camber kit.

I call BS! nothing personal but I am positive it was out of spec, they either didn't want to fix it or didn't know how to fix it! All you got was a toe adjustment.

With 2" spacers and the alignment kits at FULL positive adjustment my truck was "just in" spec!

I installed everything my self and did the alignment myself also. There was no "middle man" involved. The machine does not lie! Lazy mechanics do! And they do not like doing alignments when a car comes in that the customer has worked on.

Cheer's mate, do you know off hand if napa post's to Oz?

I call BS! nothing personal but I am positive it was out of spec, they either didn't want to fix it or didn't know how to fix it! All you got was a toe adjustment.

With 2" spacers and the alignment kits at FULL positive adjustment my truck was "just in" spec!

I installed everything my self and did the alignment myself also. There was no "middle man" involved. The machine does not lie! Lazy mechanics do! And they do not like doing alignments when a car comes in that the customer has worked on.

I believe your experience 04 EDGE but I am not BSing unless they fudged the numbers on the printout from the Hunter alignmen machine (which they could have done of course) Only numbers that were out was the toe, so I got an adjustment there as you said.

Question for you since you know about alignments, when factory specs say something like "LH Camber -0.5 +/- 0.8" then I am taking that to mean that anywhere between -1.3 to +1.3 is within spec. So I guess -0.5 is ideal but anything within the range is good enough? Or is there something wrong with how I am reading/interpreting that?

I will get the actual numbers off the sheet but off the top of my head I believe camber was like +1.1 on both sides so they left it alone. Caster was also within what I believe is the right range so same thing. Toe was out of range (if I understand the range correctly) so they did fix that.

I know SFA about toe,camber and castor but how does being an inch out compare to a degree out? Or are they two different measurement's?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is no way you can have +1.1 degrees of camber after installing spacers!

Back