Upper Control Arms (for the seriously dropped) | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Upper Control Arms (for the seriously dropped)

UPDATE-

'arms came in yesterday afternoon right before i left for work. opened 'em up, and first thought was "holy **** these are way too big." second thought was "these are the wrong thing".

they sent me the wrong arms.

they appear to be "lowered" control arms for an 88-98 chevy. no one answered the phone, so im gonna try and call Monday morning.

:mad: :fire: :mad: :fire: :mad: :fire: :mad: :fire:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You're kidding me!

ok- i called them today, and just got back from UPS a little while ago. the guy on the phone was super-nice, and extremely appologetic. nothing like some serious @ss kissing to put me in a better mood. should have them (again) in a week or 2.

evil laugh muhahahahahahah....

just came in. hopefully the blocks and bumpstops will be in tomorrow. this is all going down thursday. wish me luck!

Attachments

• arms.jpg
    arms.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 433

GOOD LUCK! Your results will dictate what I do with my truck. Yes, feel the pressure!

Well it looks like tomorrow is the big day for you James! I'm eager to find out your results.

nope. blocks and other stuff still hasnt come in. proly get it late this afternoon, which will put me doing it Tuesday. 12hr. shifts all weekend long.:(

Just get started on the fron and drive around like this
____
| \__
o o

eh i can't make a pic, you know...

Originally posted by psychotic
Just get started on the fron and drive around like this
____
| \__
o o

eh i can't make a pic, you know...

Ummmmm... I think I'm worse off after seeing that picture. I dont know what you mean. :confused:

i would assume you mean something like this... and the answer is simply "no". lol im not driving this thing to work 4 days in a row with that much rake and the front seriously out of line. but thanks for the idea.:p

Attachments

• newheelside.jpg
    newheelside.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 401

ya like that :) :).. it would look like a sweet dragster *cough cough*

DONT PLAN ON DOING THIS THE SAME DAY THAT YOU GET THE CONTROL ARMS!

i took the control arms to the shop awhile ago to have the 'joints pressed in. he called back 30 mins later to tell me no one in our area has 98-up ranger upper ball joints in stock. he even called Autozone. he had to order them, and they will not be here until Monday. guess it was a good thing that i planned on Tuesday being the day.

the blocks came in a couple of hours ago. now im waiting on balljoints. this is gonna be a long freakin' weekend.:rolleyes:

Do you have a Carquest near you? I've heard they stock them...

Do you know what brand ball joints you're getting?

Carquest carries MOOG brand, they are the best.

i am getting MOOG, of course, and there is not a CarQuest anywere near here. doesnt matter, i cant do it until Tuesday, and they will hopefully be here Monday morning.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the charge for the Ranger balljoints?

i have no idea. i just walked in there, threw the arms up on the counter, and said "put Moog joints in these. they are for a 98 Ranger" and then walked out. lol

it is a very reputable shop; they do just about everyone's custom stuff around here from streetrods to lowered and lifted trucks. i know several guys there, and im sure they'll give me a good price. they always have in the past. i will give all prices when i find out.

BTW- the control arms are now $189.

The MOOG joints around here are like ~$40 a pop

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still on for tomorrow James?

Back