• Register Today It's free!

Upper intake manifold gasket

bojans

Reaction score
City, State
McHenry, Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limited
I need to replace the intake gasket on my 06 Explorer V8. I have the intake off and can see that there is some damage to the upper gasket for cylinder 6 but according to ford the upper gaskets are not serviced separate from the manifold assembly. Has anyone found a source for the upper gaskets? I think I will be trying liquid gasket before I spend $750 on a new manifold...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the note but from diagram they had at Ford those are still the lower.

Thanks for the note but from diagram they had at Ford those are still the lower.
Howdy bojans,

I have the same question today as you had in 2011 in trying to find the upper intake manifold gaskets.

Not sure if you ever got this answered, if so let me know if anything aligns with what I found.

For the unfamiliar, these are the ones that go between the intake plenum and the CMCP's (see pic below, right side). At least on my '06 4.6L 3V, they are slightly different shape than the lower ones that go between CMCP and the head(see pic below left side). The upper one has a larger "bump" to accommodate the fuel injector. Hopefully the picture below will stick. Anyhow, even the Ford parts guy couldn't find it... Admittedly, I called during lunch hour so maybe the new guy was filling in or something.

I think I found some that are very close:
> Fel Pro # MS97215 for 2011-2019 Mustang.
> Ford part # 3F1Z-9439-AA (fits 3.0L V6)

If anyone has this answer or can point me to the right place, much obliged.

upper and lower.jpg

htsmeister

Hey I’m have the same issue with finding the same gasket the one on the right in the picture it’s the one that goes in between the plenum and the CMCP for a 06 Ford explore 4.6 3v did u ever have any luck on finding one that was compatible

htsmeister

Hey I’m have the same issue with finding the same gasket the one on the right in the picture it’s the one that goes in between the plenum and the CMCP for a 06 Ford explore 4.6 3v did u ever have any luck on finding one that was compatible
Hello, sorry for the long delay. Nope. Not available. I cleaned mine with WD-40 and put back in. No vacuum leaks so far...

Back