• Register Today It's free!

Upper rear cargo storage ideas...

oldschool4life

Reaction score
City, State
Nothern Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport
I was looking at my cargo area and I though about something...

...is there a way to place some type of cargo net on the four clothing hooks (two in cargo area/two in the rear seat area) and store non-heavy items?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well if you do it, lets see some pics, and I definately wouldn't put anything heavy in there like I'm sure you already know, it will rip those things right out ;)

dman726749 said:
i wouldnet really do it, thoes things are super weak and are really only meant to hold a couple hangers of clothes.....

The item(s) would not be that heavy enough to break one plastic hook.

I wanna use all four hooks and perhaps some type of support rod(s).

well if this helps....My grandpa ( :D ) Used to have a big ass E-150 van. And they moved from Ohio to South Carolina every winter....taking all there clothes with them. He made something sorta like u are talking about that was hooked up to those and had a rod in between that thing held up like a rock...He could fit a whole closet in his van with two rods put up it was nuts :confused:

[QUOTE='92Bauer]Depending what you hang, it might block your view and might not be worth the extra storage.

What about something like this for little things, I know they have one for explorers just don't have time to look for it again.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ProductDisplay/s-10101/makeId-5000114/p-5777/c-10105[/QUOTE]

The main item I need to store is a box (and content) that is about 6" x 6" x 48".

It could work if I could store it on either side of the vehicle.

oldschool4life said:
The main item I need to store is a box (and content) that is about 6" x 6" x 48".

It could work if I could store it on either side of the vehicle.

When I read your first post in this thread, I thought you wanted some sort of cargo net attached to the headliner in the back of your truck.

Rhett said:
When I read your first post in this thread, I thought you wanted some sort of cargo net attached to the headliner in the back of your truck.

That's what I want; a net hanging from the four clothes hooks (in some way) to store that box up and out of the way.

with something in there wouldn't that dramatically decrease headroom inside though? or are u hanging it over the cargo area?

TJM623 said:
with something in there wouldn't that dramatically decrease headroom inside though? or are u hanging it over the cargo area?

I don't care about the upper rear seat area; the lower rear seat area is reserved for boxes for shipping.

There is very little supporting those hooks. In fact all that those screws thread into is a little peice of plastic. I've stripped mine out by unscrewing it. I would not recomend this. I could see you braking hard and the front clips braking and it knocking you in the head.

Back