• Register Today It's free!

upper to lower intake problem

fmaster7

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT 4x4
i bought a set of 95tm heads off of a 96 explorer v6. I thought it was a direct bolt in but there seems to be a problem with the ports that connect from the bottom of the lower intake to the heads. The ports on the heads are rectangular and on the intake there a wierd shape because a bolt seems to go through every port.

The lower intake is from my 1992.
The heads are from a junker 1996.

Please help, I think I have to get a 95-96 intake...right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

huh no i run 95tm heads with a 92 intake, you sure you have the intake turn the right way or the gasket the right way

also if your going to sc this motor you might not want to run 95tm with you 92 bottom end..the 95tm take you to 10:1 and if you have them planed at all you might be even higher.stock for a 92 is 9:1 i would think thats better for sc

huh no i run 95tm heads with a 92 intake, you sure you have the intake turn the right way or the gasket the right way

ill post pics tomorrow

did you get that intake to fit?

did you get that intake to fit?

Yupp. I feel so stupid. It was the holes where the injectors fit in. I only looked for the bottom and for some reason it looked like it would bolt on that way.

hahahahaaa

remove this thread if possible, its embarrassing

haha it happens!

Back