USB hub upgrade | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

USB hub upgrade

Joe Ruff

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Hey guys, I want to get the latest USB hub with usb-c but and just upgrading from sync 3 v2.2 to the latest 3.4. was wondering if the usb-c type c up can allow the upgrade to 3.4 or if I need the old USB hub to upgrade then change to the usb-c.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Joe. :wave:
I don't have the answer but I'm sure some members will. Have you already changed your MFT Sync 2 hardware to Sync 3?

Peter

Well I have the sync 3 unit, and GPS antenna but not the hub yet.

There are several members who have made the change so I'm sure someone will be able to assist you. Good luck.

Peter

I ordered the hub from Amazon and twice they have sent me a complete wrong item. I got 2 ink pen refill cartridges and have had to send both back and initiate a credit. As soon as i get one in my hands, i will let you guys know. I already have 3.4 on my sync 3, just waiting for the hub.....

I ordered the hub from Amazon and twice they have sent me a complete wrong item. I got 2 ink pen refill cartridges and have had to send both back and initiate a credit. As soon as i get one in my hands, i will let you guys know. I already have 3.4 on my sync 3, just waiting for the hub.....

Well my question is the hub pre 3.4 but hey any info and not ink cartridges would be helpful! Thanks brother.

From my understanding. The hub will work pre 3.4, but will not have the QC charge rate that is made available in 3.4. Plus the type c usb transfers data quicker and more stable. That is my reason for upgrading, otherwise I would leave it as is.

No that is the smaller version made for f150.

34D51A8F-6B9A-4699-95DF-302325C4968B.png

Ughhhh I cannot find the 2.5" one anywhere. Looked even on the Chinese sites.

So I finally got one from Amazon! It came quickly and worked 100%. Installed then upgraded from 2.2 to 3.4.

All in on my switch from MFT to Sync 3 has me at $295 + programming which I probably could have done myself. Super happy though and unit works perfectly!

So I finally got one from Amazon! It came quickly and worked 100%. Installed then upgraded from 2.2 to 3.4.

All in on my switch from MFT to Sync 3 has me at $295 + programming which I probably could have done myself. Super happy though and unit works perfectly!
Is it possible to get a USB hub from a new model ford that would work? I have a 2014 ford expl ltd and need to upgrade the USB hub anyway (it doesn't charge my phone at all but does allow AA).

Any guidance would be appreciated, I don't want to drop $250+ on a usb hub when the conversion from MFT to Sync3 cost met less than $200 total.

Back