Used 2011 Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Used 2011 Limited

cyentist

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a 2011 limited and noticed my local dealer has couple used 2011's on the lot. I thought I might be able to save a bit by buying a used but there is no blue book value for the 2011 so I'm wondering what I should expect to pay for a used limited? These prices seem close to what a new one might cost but would I be able to negotiate a lower price on the used? Thanks for any advice, I'm pretty much a noob.

http://www.deweyford.com/used/Ford/2011-Ford-Explorer-b25faac10a0d048d01a5f0ded6534a69.htm

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well with the recent downturn in the economy used car prices are at their all time highs whee the motto used to be buy a used vehicle a year or two old but now that isn't so. As you see you could probably buy a new one for the price they are asking for a used one.

I've been looking also and the prices are crazy.

I dont' trust it...its a little skeptical. 1. They are trying to sell it to you for MSRP 2. I would hesitate to buy a used one right now too, you gotta make sure you have the history of the vehicle. It could be a buy back...no thanks pass.

Don't chance it, wait a little or buy brand new. Grant it the money you would save used but you would end up paying in the long run with repairs as it has 21k miles now and warranty expires at 36k miles.....so just think about it. Don't fall for the dealers asking price...if you can wait I'd have one built and travel if you have to pay close to invoice not MSRP.

Actually they are asking for more than the vehicle price since the original MRSP included $805 for Destination and Delivery charges which should not have to be paid again! The vehicle price was $39,190.

Agree....bottom line is :thumbdwn:

:D

Just checked Autotrader and there is a white platinum Limited with 4000 miles and they are asking almost $49,000. The original MRSP which included $805 Destination & Delivery was about $45,500!!!
Better to buy new.

Maybe wait a month or two and see what 2011 new left overs are out there. Should be able to get under invoice.

Maybe wait a month or two and see what 2011 new left overs are out there. Should be able to get under invoice.

There is approximately a 6%? dealer markup, plus there are incentives out there. Should be well under invoice (say half that 6% plus incentives), even if it is a 2012.

I also noted last month that inventories were creeping up, so a decent deal should be available.

Found a used 2011 ex X LT, w/ 201, the window price 29,999. It has 7400 miles on it, what a drop of the MSRP.

Back