Using Bazooka Sub Speaker | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Using Bazooka Sub Speaker

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
I'm planning on using a Bazooka 6" sub speaker taken out of my old tube to stick in my JBL housing and wire an amp to it for some bass, since it fits nicely, and I already own it. :D Question is, this speaker has 2 sets of speaker wire connections, 4 plugs total. Looks almost like a poor man's bridge or something. Does this mean when I hook up the speaker, instead of bridging the amp, I would hook one set of leads from the L speaker to one set, and the R speaker output to the other? I've never seen a speaker like this... The tube had an internal amp and had wires hooked to both.

:dunno:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What amp are you going to use? If it is the factory one, run a set of leads to each coil, just like the factory woofer. If it's an aftermarket amp, then it depends on the amp, and the speaker itself. I'm almost positive the Bazookas used dual 4 ohm coils, so your amp will determine how it should be wired.

I don't have a factory amp, I acquired a JBL housing and will use it to house the speaker, and mount my amp to. What kind of amp should I get? I just want some lows, I'm not into sound off's, and loud bass isn't for me anyway.

well I would check the coils with a DMM first to make sure what impedance they are...as long as the amp can handle the load than you are fine

Will do- thanks for the direction- I can do stereos, but nothing super involved with electrical testing and setup- plug and play is all I've got so far- head units, speakers, etc... I did a line level convertor, small ammp and a small box in my old Ex, but that was it. Should be pretty much the same here, just need to match up the amp I guess... :D

seelllll the dagum TUBE.. thats all i got to say!! sad to even say you got that

Back