Uwharrie National Park - July 3rd, 4th, & 5th - | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uwharrie National Park - July 3rd, 4th, & 5th -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there big enough. They say the will hold eight. If your ok me and kelley will be good with it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So what campsite numbers is everyone looking at. I want one with power

I'm looking at either #12 of #15....both are 40ft lots, and are pull through's so it gets me off the main road. I am trying to use a friend's 31 foot camper, so putting that in there plus my Explorer will take up the 40 foot spot.

It looks like there are plenty of spots left in Arrowhead for that weekend, but as the holiday approaches I'm sure the spots will be going fast.

Does anyone know if there is room for a tent at one of the camper sites? I'm thinking either lot 40 in the camper site or 40 in the tent site. I looked on google map and it looks like a real wooded area and the pics on the park web page looks like there is not much room outside camper spots for tents. I don't really want to put a tent up on pavement but water and electric would be handy but not a necesity.

Does anyone know if there is room for a tent at one of the camper sites? I'm thinking either lot 40 in the camper site or 40 in the tent site. I looked on google map and it looks like a real wooded area and the pics on the park web page looks like there is not much room outside camper spots for tents. I don't really want to put a tent up on pavement but water and electric would be handy but not a necesity.

The site says you can set up tents in the woods around your site. I'll just set mine up on pavement if I don't have the camper.

Okay real fast question, If it's just going to be me, and depending on if she wants to go or not, one other in a small-er tent. Is it really worth reserving a space numbered on that picture? I've never been to Uwharrie so I guess I'll be the newb. What are some other options, if any, are there for me?

Just reserved site 36 for 3rd & 4th. Wasn't any reserved yesterday now they are starting to fill up so I would't wait too much longer to reserve a site.

Burns can you start adding site numbers to members list that are going?

Okay real fast question, If it's just going to be me, and depending on if she wants to go or not, one other in a small-er tent. Is it really worth reserving a space numbered on that picture? I've never been to Uwharrie so I guess I'll be the newb. What are some other options, if any, are there for me?

You can primitive camp at sites along the trail, but they are first come first served and being 4th of July you may not find anything.

$12 a night for a site with bathrooms and showers is not bad at all...

Ok so as of now i will be there either on the 3rd or the 5th just not sure about the 4th because the wife wants to spend time with her family.

Its a 6 hour drive so i will be leaving early in the morning. If anyone wants to convoy from PA to NC let me know. Also I will be riding on channel 13 or 3 depending on radio traffic on the CB and the call sign is 7 delta.

Jon

Ill be addding numbers soon. I wanted to get the camping spots done first. Then the rest can fall into place.

i am not sure exactly what dates i will be there all depends on what the job market offers for me, i will be interested in staying at one of the site don't have a tent will just sleep in my truck

It's pretty much a guarantee that there will be no spots available for the 4th of July weekend there, so if you're counting on getting a spot, it's advisable to reserve now...why wait? Let's be honest, it's $15 bucks a day for a paved spot with all electrical...if you don't need all that, just get a tent spot or a non-electrical spot...either way, you're guaranteed a spot.

The most you would lose here is what....$45 at most for the entire weekend if you can't make it. You could EASILY find someone here last minute that would take your campspot, or just advertise it on craigslist for the going rate.

If you're planning to be there, get a spot now. The people that wait until the last minute won't have anywhere to camp :p: That's how holidays go!

If it was just our little meet there, then sure...there'd probably be plenty of spots left for someone to not even reserve...but on a holiday weekend in the summer, no way Jose.

Ok i will be there on the 3rd.

From the trip planner i will get there around 8 am so when does everyone think they will begin to wheel on the 3rd? Any word on a meeting place along with a channel everyone will be running on the CB just incase the crowd cannot be found?

Jon

I will be there on the 3rd but it will be very early or on the second.

I would like to start wheeling around 11 or 12 on the 3rd if you guys are up to that

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not knowing exactly when i will be there and being on a tight budget right now can i stay at someones campsite i will pay for my share of the stay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back