• Register Today It's free!

uwharrie natl forest

bluethunder

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
hey guys....just got back from a weekend wheelin trip in the foothills of the appalachain mountains here in north carolina...close to ashboro. it was a blast. the trails up there are a lot of fun, there are some that are pretty easy, most stock vehicles could get through, then there are some tougher ones....and then some really tough ones. i stuck to the easy and medium trails. most of them are filled with large "humps" kinda like big speed bumps that you will scrape the t-case skidplate on. the tougher ones have hill climbs with these and rocks thrown in. the medium trail we did was dickey bell. it was really not all that difficult, i had no trouble getting over anything, though i did have to get out and pick a good line before going over the obstacle. next time i think that ill check out the most difficult trails. overall this is a great place to wheel even if you dont have too much mods. if anybody is interested in getting an explorer trip up to uwharrie let me know and maybe we can cook something up!
-jonathan

by the way....uwharrie is about 2.5 hours from raleigh

Let me know when you're ready for a return trip - - Was last out there in December, but I guess they had the trails closed off for the last few months.

Most of my weekends are open.

Paul

Anyone Else??

yeah...the trails have been closed for several months, i think they opened back up the weekend before i went. i really have no idea when ill be goin back, but i am ready to go right now :D unfortunately i cant do that, anyway i will let you know. in fact you can email me at jjmattox@mindspring.com anybody else interested please feel free to do the same.
-jonathan

Back