Uwharrie | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uwharrie

slravene

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC (Home) / Raleigh, NC (School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
Does anyone have a map/write-up of the trails at Uwharrie, and their difficulties. I have been able to find a map...but thats it, i want to know the difficulties of the trails, and their locations. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go to ww.Uwharrie.com and there are some maps there. If not you can stop by Eldarado's store right at Uwharrie and they have maps for free.

try this website sorry about the first one, but this is it. Dead Link Removed

I found that site, but it just lists the trails, not their difficulties. Sorry if I was misunderstood, but I just dont want to get there and be going on trails that I dont know if they are hard or easy.

Go to the last website I gave you. I am pretty sure they are on there. If not this is of my best memory.
Daniel: Hard
Dicky Bell: Moderate to Hard
Dutch John: Moderate to Hard
Falls Dam: Moderate
Rocky Mountain Loop: Easy to Moderate
Wolfs Den: Easy to Moderate
SlabPile: Moderate
SawMill: Easy to Moderate

Thats what I think I haven't been since next to last weekend when they closed.
When are you planning on making a ride?

all of them are passable in a stock vehicle.... they will range from very easy to moderately challenging in a stock truck. With some 31's and a limited slip you will be golden all though you may have to bypass some of the harder obstacles.

Go early int he season and there probably wont be a need to use 4wd due to trail grooming.

Thanks alot guys. I want to make a run one weekend in june or so. Im up at NCSU right now, but i get home soon.

Keep in touch man. My SAS will be done soon and I will be in for a trip in june! I am at ASU now.

well itll be my first actual trail ride (ive romped in the woods since i was 16, but ive never done a legitimate trail.) I wont be able to keep up with a SAS....

Well I ride down there alot and will be able to give direction and so forth. Mine step brother has a jeep and he will prolly come and he only has 32's with 4" lift. So you have any modifactions?

i will have TT/AAL and 31s by june

Do you have LS in the rear. You will be fine with 31's you might get a little BD. You will ahve to bypass some of the bigger stuff but there are bypasses everywhere you would need them.

Back