V Reg Explorer help please - PAS pipes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

V Reg Explorer help please - PAS pipes

Oliver86Shrop

Reaction score
City, State
Shropshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Northface
Guys,

First post from me here, I'm hoping someone can help me.

My father has a 1999 Ford Explorer 4.0 V6 Northface. Sadly he's recently had a stroke and is unlikely to drive again so I've been tasked with sorting out his cars.

His car is stuck in a local garage to have some work carried out, and they've (he may also have) lost one of the power steering pipes - I'm finding it very hard to source a replacement.

It's the pipe which comes from the top of the rack itself, and goes to the PAS reservoir. The pipe also has the PAS cooler in it.

Can anyone on either side of the pond advise where I can get one for sensible money? Ford UK have been as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Many thanks

Oliver

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation but it seems like if a shop is being paid to do work and they've misplaced a part, it's on them to replace it, on their dime unless it's damaged/old, or did they claim they can't find one either?

Then again I'm confused as to why it was taken off both ends unless both the rack and reservoir were replaced and if both were, I'd be replacing both the supply and return hoses/pipes between them too, given they're now 18 years old and none the better off for having been moved about and rusty connectors manipulated during removal.

Back