V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com

i dont know if it's a good idea to email them to others... i mean i do not know if it is what they do, but i imagine there are different versions depending on config and your vin pulls up the correct one... lincoln vs edge vs explorer, etc... nav and no nav, ltd vs xlt with options like blis and ambient light menu, etc. maybe thats why mine only took 40 minutes from start to finish where some may take 45.

Good point. Don't want to mismatch someone's system.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

was there any sort of agreement you clicked on that said you wouldn't redistribute the download? If not then host it up on dropbox for us (free 2gb account)

No agreement. File is 300+ MB.

Rebecca, THAT IS FANTASTIC NEWS!!!! More than anything, thank you and please extend our thanks to the rest of your team. It is obvious you guys are working to solve issues and improve customer experience. This is HUGE towards customer satisfaction.

Jose

Yes, this is very good news. I have 2.11 on my Explorer and plan to try to upgrade my wife's Edge from 2.8 to 2.11 tomorrow. This will save a lot of time by not having to go to the dealer for the upgrade. I hope we will have this option on future upgrades also. My thanks to all those involved at Ford for this option to upgrade to 2.11.

For those of use that had our software upgraded to V2.11 by the dealer, do we have the same revisions as those able to download the update and install it.

Below is the info from SyncMyRide for my 2011 X. My upgrade was performed on 8/16/11 by my dealer.

Confirmed Installation:
SYNC Version Gen2 - V2.11
BT4T-14D546-AM
BT4T-14D546-AP
BT4T-14D546-FA
BT4T-14D546-GA
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F496-AP
BT4T-14F496-AS
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F497-AM
BT4T-14F497-AP
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-BE
BT4T-14F603-AM
BT4T-14F603-AP

For those that installed your software, would like to see if yours looks like mine? If not the same, than looks like I need a re-install to be current with the latest software from Ford. This would also lead me to believe that there may be several revisions of V2.11 floating around.

Tomorrow I want to check the SW, Application, Data Base, etc. versions in the Diagnostic screen to see if they are the same as those who did their own Install.

Since I have 2.11 installed, SyncMyRide will not allow :thumbdwn: me to download the update.

My shows pretty much the same...
you have a few more components
probably because you have an ltd.

Confirmed Installations
SYNC Version
Gen2 - V2.11
BT4T-14D546-AM
BT4T-14D546-AP
BT4T-14F497-AP
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-AE
BT4T-14F603-AM
BT4T-14F603-AP

For those of use that had our software upgraded to V2.11 by the dealer, do we have the same revisions as those able to download the update and install it.

Below is the info from SyncMyRide for my 2011 X. My upgrade was performed on 8/16/11 by my dealer.

Confirmed Installation:
SYNC Version Gen2 - V2.11
BT4T-14D546-AM
BT4T-14D546-AP
BT4T-14D546-FA
BT4T-14D546-GA
BT4T-14F496-AS
BT4T-14F497-AP
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-BE
BT4T-14F603-AM
BT4T-14F603-AP

For those that installed your software, would like to see if yours looks like mine? If not the same, than looks like I need a re-install to be current with the latest software from Ford. This would also lead me to believe that there may be several revisions of V2.11 floating around.

Tomorrow I want to check the SW, Application, Data Base, etc. versions in the Diagnostic screen to see if they are the same as those who did their own Install.

Since I have 2.11 installed, SyncMyRide will not allow :thumbdwn: me to download the update.

Thanks for the info.

And now I have to debate whether to upgrade or not.

My V2.8 is pretty stable. Haven't had to do a Fuse 29 in months.

I don't have Nav, and I've found that Sync is pretty much worthless for me. I bought a Garmin standalone GPS and it works just fine for navigation and in formation in conjunction with my iPhone.

I've learned not to try to access the features of MFT for 60 seconds after startup, so if v2.11 improves that, I would be interested. Other than that, If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Since dealer install of V2.11, I've had the following known issues:

1. Sirius data locking up Travel Link (noted blank Weather map info(not updating as noted by NA in the receiving info) and old fuel prices) /corrected after pulling the fuse 29. Sirius was no help when calling them about the issue. My question about Sirius was what where they trying to download? It appears that when looking of other post about the same time others users were having similar problems.

2. GPS-HDOP erratic which also was indicated by the number of SAT's being received/System rebooted itself and appears to be working now.

My shows pretty much the same...
you have a few more components
probably because you have an ltd.

Confirmed Installations
SYNC Version
Gen2 - V2.11
BT4T-14D546-AM
BT4T-14D546-AP
BT4T-14F497-AP
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-AE
BT4T-14F603-AM
BT4T-14F603-AP

dco43054,
You are correct about a LTD and I have MFT, Nav, 911. I have three more modules updates then you. Not sure what your XLT has. Am I correct in thinking that you don't have three functions listed above?

to those who did the update to 2.11, wondering if you have to remove the nav sd card before installing the update?

i kept mine in. i deleted my phone pair before starting it since you have to do that afterwards anyways. i was going to remove the card but it gives you a message the nav is not working without the card... so i left it in.

to those who did the update to 2.11, wondering if you have to remove the nav sd card before installing the update?

I have the XLT with 202A-XLT package...
So I do have MFT with voice which includes 911.
i have the premium radio but not the sony system...
and I have the opt. nav. sys.

If I had to guess what the three extra modules you have could be...
ambient light control
active park assist
if you have the sony sound system then extra audio features like EQ or itunes tagging.

dco43054,
You are correct about a LTD and I have MFT, Nav, 911. I have three more modules updates then you. Not sure what your XLT has. Am I correct in thinking that you don't have three functions listed above?

Im running 2.8 without problem one (crosses fingers). I downloaded 2.11 but may hold off to install. Hmmmm

Completed mine this morning. Update started and I left it to mow my lawn, came back and had installation complete. Left SD card in. Took it for a test drive and everything works great. Just had to repair my phone and edit my quick dials again. Nav seems more responsive and browsing for Sirius channels is quicker too. So far I'm pleased.

I upgraded my wife's Edge to 2.11 this morning. The upgrade went smooth. I did get a navigation SD card fault after the upgrade, but removed the card and reinserted it and everything is working great.

Im running 2.8 without problem one (crosses fingers). I downloaded 2.11 but may hold off to install. Hmmmm

I went ahead and upgraded from a relatively stable 2.8 to 2.11 today. Went fine. I don't really notice anything different with regards to responsiveness, and too early to say whether stability will be better. I do not have Nav.

This is great news! Looking forward to more capability and stability.

Rebecca, can the remorseful 2.8-2.11 folks roll back to 2.8?

This is great news! Looking forward to more capability and stability.

Rebecca, can the remorseful 2.8-2.11 folks roll back to 2.8?

That's what I'm wondering too. My 2.8 works pretty well and I'm half afraid to upgrade to 2.11

Drove the X again just now and noticed that the driver side BLIS wasn't working. Went through town and got zero orange lights on the mirror when traffic was next to me on the driver's side. Passenger side seemed to be working.

Rebecca,

Is this or can this be related to updating from 2.8 to 2.11 somehow? This was working yesterday before the install.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My X overheated ...

... while sitting in the shade doing the upgrade. I immediately turned off the X ... now when I turn on the car I get the check engine light ... is it safe to drive? I have to go to work in the morning and need it ... By the way, interestingly enough the install continued and after about another 10 minutes it told me it was successful ... brought my stick back to my laptop and it relayed back to SMR that it was a completed install. Even though the car was turned off. HELP! Anyone?

Back