V6 Boss mustang = more SOHC pref parts? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

V6 Boss mustang = more SOHC pref parts?

Cuska

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XL
Well,l it looks like Ford has released the new boss mustang upgrade package. Its quite new and i cant seem to find out much about it. i do know that you can apply the package to the V6 SOHC stang

i was wondering if any one knows what this performance package adds to the 4.0 SOHC?
I'm excited to bolt on some BOSS parts to my sohc truck!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting :scratch: I have not heard anything about this, but I like the thought of a boss package for our SOHC's

A nice Boss emblem would look pretty, well.. boss :)

Are you sure they were talking about the v6 4.0 SOHC or the v8 SOHC ?

that is a lot considereing all those parts can be purchased aftermarket for cheaper

This was all sparked by a dark gray stang with a single chrome tailpipe, and it had boss tags, sitting in the show room. Well i called the dealership where i saw the upgraded stang. And right away said "i noticed you guys have a boss mustang in the show room, could you tell me more about it" then i was asked to hold for a salesman. I was on hold for about 3 or 4 minutes till i gave up, i'm going to call again tomorrow, or even better. go down there, test drive it and take photos for everyone. Especially under the hood

Excellent, spy work... I Love it!! :thumbsup:

So me and a friend investigated. Turns out that it was a fake. The dealership special ordered a set of Boss S20 rims for it, installed them and a billet grill, tinted the windows, and put the boss painted badges on it. It also had a Very Loud 3 inch cat back exhaust. I was very disappointed. Not only that it was a fake, but when i test drove it, it didn't seem to move any faster then my truck....

also the price tag was about 35,000... compared to the pony package next to it that was priced at around 26,000.

Back