V6 Ford Challenge in Steele Pic's, 12's,11's, 10's (Major Pics) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

V6 Ford Challenge in Steele Pic's, 12's,11's, 10's (Major Pics)

Doug904

Sponsor
Reaction score
City, State
Jasper, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Roush GT
Hey guys,

We almost got rained out around noon but we were able to race starting at 2pm. We had guys from all over the east coast, Chicago, Miami, Canada, and North Carolina to name a few.

We had some new V6 Records set! Now mind you these are all production V6's, not SVO 4.5's or something unobtainable. A White 95' with a Turbo ran a 10.31, a green 88' with a 95 engine swap ran a 10.54 and there was another 96 with a turbo running low 11's, these were 3.8/4.2 based engines. Then Jimmy ran a 12.10 with a 93' Ranger Splash with a 4.0.

We had some other cool things there and even a 05' Rental Mustang showed up and put down a 15.02 with an automatic and single traction rear end.

All in all we had a great time and Steele was a VERY helpful assest in our race, they really worked with us to make this a nice event. Hopefully we'll have a larger turn out for next years event since now everyone knows Steele is a decent track. They even put down VHT before the time trails and redone it before the race.

Funny story, two 99-04 GT's showed up for the open test and tunes I guess. They had nothing for the V6's when they went out and started running low 11's. ahahhaha.

Ohh and don't worry, I was representing for the Explorer Crowd as welll.....

steele21.jpg

veesickes.jpg

veesickes2.jpg

matts_car.jpg

getting_ready.jpg

sprouthaha.jpg

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I just figured it was more about modified V6's then anything. Feel free to move it.

Thanks, Doug.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just goes to show you can make anything fast if you throw enough money at it

Looks like great times were had Doug, thanx for sharing with us, those are some fantasic pitures, do you have any more by chance??

That green Fox Body is soooooooo hooking up!!!! :eek:

Jeff - :navajo:

race4food said:
just goes to show you can make anything fast if you throw enough money at it

Really? I thought it went to show that you don't have to have 8 cylinders to go fast :p

Sure I have more, for now the ones I have resized and on my site can be found here....

http://webpages.charter.net/doug904/SV6FC/

Also check out this KICK AZZ video of two of the 10 second racers with only .001 seconds between them...

http://www.v6power.net/clint/Alabama/bigrace.wmv

It is 10 meg in size.

Later Doug.

Haha, I love the redneck in the background. "GOD DAMN, that's some racin' right thar!" Put that vid to some music, it would be sick. :cool: Thanks for sharing Doug. :thumbsup:

Back