• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

V8 swap? What will fit in a 91 Aerostar?

Jon91Aero

Reaction score
City, State
I live in Sterling Colorado. Its in the northeast corner two hours from Denver and Fort Collins.
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Extended Aerostar XL
I have a 91 xl extended aerostar with the 3.0l engine and A4LD trans. I was wondering what if any V8 and tranny would I be able to swap. Would a 302/347 fit? 351W/C maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

Jon91Aero

Reaction score
City, State
I live in Sterling Colorado. Its in the northeast corner two hours from Denver and Fort Collins.
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Extended Aerostar XL
Thanks for the greeting. I sent one of the guys i saw on youtube about how he did his swap and i am just waiting to here from him. It looks like it was a tight fit with the 302. I aslo have tranny trouble but will post that in a different thread.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

Jon91Aero

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Extended Aerostar XL
I have to get the "boss" to ok it first then find a good motor and tranny. It might take a while since i will have to go piece by piece at first. And get friends to help.